IGNORED

Alan Curbishleys Comments

brady bunch

I thought it was worth noting Curblishleys comments at the weekend, he felt the key factor between his team and Chelsea was the superior fitness and strength of Chelsea's players.

I know this is an old bug bear, but I have noticed watching city that we do not appear to be as fit as we used to be, Apart from a few individuals we are pretty weak also. Witness how many times we are simply brushed off the ball this season. (Tinnion comments correctly on this a few weeks ago).

I know this is not an overnight thing, but a greater emphasis on players diet, health and fitness combined with weight/muscle gain for some of our younger / lighter players will be an investment well repaid in the future.

As the great Mourinho said "In my vocabulary the words are: work, be professional, do your best, work with quality, commitment and enthusiasm and respect. That is what I promise. "I cannot promise I am going to win but with all those ingredients normally you succeed."

I suspect the secret to us getting to the top of the table is not through yet more players, but ensuring the ones we have work much harder off the field.

Tootle pip.

edit: forgot to add, keep up the good work Steve and team, apart from a few nutters and children with internet access (dangerous!) we are right behind you and know whatever choice you make on the manager will be in the best interests of the club.

Archived