IGNORED

Red Army!

One Team

How long did we sing that for last night?!

15 minutes!!!!

Superb stuff. I thought Cheaterfield was good but last night was just quality.

There was some mild banter between fans but on the whole very well behaved I thought - so SL, CS, please let us back in again!

Acutally, Colin must be popular at the moment as we sang for him to "give us a wave"!!

One Team

"East, East, Eastenders!"

How long did we sing that for last night?!

15 minutes!!!!

Superb stuff.  I thought Cheaterfield was good but last night was just quality.

There was some mild banter between fans but on the whole very well behaved I thought - so SL, CS, please let us back in again!

Acutally, Colin must be popular at the moment as we sang for him to "give us a wave"!! 

One Team

"East, East, Eastenders!"

I was sitting toward the front of the Atyeo stand and the noise intensity coming from the East End was impressive and the loudest from City in the East End this season.

"We hate Rovers

We hate Millwall

We hate Swinedon

We hate Cardiff

We are going up, we are going up"

- heard it all loud and clear boss :D

Guest bcfccider

I stayed in the Atyeo last night and the noise was great from the East End - good work.

I am ont sure if the Atyeo could be heard, but hopefully those left can start singing as well!

Guest dez_gimred

i was sat in the middle of the dolman and i could hear ''red army'' being echoed from the east end to the atyeo...

sounded awsome, so much so that the older generations around me started to mutter ''red ar.....''

:D

I was in there and must say the when singing red army it brought back the memories of Cambridge away last seaon. I couldn't understand though that everyone was in there with the mentality of singing yet it seemed to me that not everyone was. Ok I know a few might not want to but there seemed to be large groups.

I was in there and must say the when singing red army it brought back the memories of Cambridge away last seaon. I couldn't understand though that everyone was in there with the mentality of singing yet it seemed to me that not everyone was. Ok I know a few might not want to but there seemed to be large groups.
From the Ateyo, that was one thing I noticed when looking over to the East End. Most people in the block furthest to the fence were singing, but the people in the other blocks seemed to be just stood there, like they wanted to sing but felt they couldn't. I think maybe the problem is that there is a wide set of stairs and red barrier in between each block which makes the gap bigger, so the people in the other blocks felt as though they couldn't join in because they weren't part of the group or were too far away from it or something.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

i was sat in the bock nearest the fence and the noise was quality , and i couldnt talk this morning , i did look across too the other blocks and only saw very few people signing , but for the amount that did sing i thought the noise was absoloutley brilliant

i think there is a massive case for bringing back Terracing, or atleast allowing people to stand in the east end to increase attendances. Think of the people who would come back if it was like that every week. And lets face it, most of the people who went last night will want to sit in there again, and it will keep growing and keep growing. The case for the East end is un doubtably positive. Its those dastardly negatives we are going to have to solve now.

Well i went to see Keith Draisey about putting up my posters prior to the match a very polite, helpfull and understanding man. He went into great detail about the East End and how the club have to write reports if so many people stand up and these reports have to be sent to the local authority. These then get reviewed at the annual safety meeting where it gets decided whether or not the clubs capacity will have to be reduced or not, and after having a 21,000 all seater stadium already reduced to 18,000 the club cannot afford to have it reduced anymore.

He said if the same amount of people stand up, then we will almost definately not be allowed in there expecially regulary.

He also mentioned about a few prats who ring him up calling him all sorts just because he tries to ensure everyone sits down and does his job, and can i just say those prats that are ringing him moaning at him, he never HAD to let us back in the East End at all cause at the end of the day it all has to be put past him.

After talking to him i relise how important it is that a majority of people sit down for a majority of the game, and actually felt sorry for the abuse he has to put up with even though he is doing the club a huge favour.

What I'm saying is if his words were true and not just to try and scare us into sitting down then we will not have it back, and all i can say what a fantastic 3 games we have had in there this season they have to be my best home games ever.

Well i went to see Keith Draisey about putting up my posters prior to the match a very polite, helpfull and understanding man. He went into great detail about the East End and how the club have to write reports if so many people stand up and these reports have to be sent to the local authority. These then get reviewed at the annual safety meeting where it gets decided whether or not the clubs capacity will have to be reduced or not, and after having a 21,000 all seater stadium already reduced to 18,000 the club cannot afford to have it reduced anymore.

He said if the same amount of people stand up, then we will almost definately not be allowed in there expecially regulary.

He also mentioned about a few prats who ring him up calling him all sorts just because he tries to ensure everyone sits down and does his job, and can i just say those prats that are ringing him moaning at him, he never HAD to let us back in the East End at all cause at the end of the day it all has to be put past him.

After talking to him i relise how important it is that a majority of people sit down for a majority of the game, and actually felt sorry for the abuse he has to put up with even though he is doing the club a huge favour.

What I'm saying is if his words were true and not just to try and scare us into sitting down then we will not have it back, and all i can say what a fantastic 3 games we have had in there this season they have to be my best home games ever.

Ill second that.

He also mentioned that he has to get an extra 20 stewards in for the eastend.

I would certainly love the chance to stand througout an entire 90 minutes, but when theres a risk of capacity reduction and us losing any chance of geting the eastend back then, id rather just sit and try and support the best way i can considering the circumstances. If you have some people standing in front of you then theres not alot you can do apart from stand or ask them to sit.

Mr Draisey made it clear that people are expected to SIT in the eastend, if the club are willing to give us the eastend, then we could at least try to give something back by urging people to sit.

Until (more like IF) safe standing is introduced then all we can do is try to support the team all we can by sitting and we could still make noise in the with a little help of "the shed".

I was not aware either last night or last week of the stewards telling us to sit down. Now I know that we should have done it of our own accord etc but I seem to recall last season when it was open the stewards telling us to sit down.

Perhaps if they told us this instead of watching for a few moronic kids who think it is cool and "hard" to shout about fighting some men a block and 2 metal fences away whilst making sure they know where mummy is picking them up afterwards, then people would get the idea.

The main problem is this, the EE is wanted for 2 reasons ,

1) A placewith unreserved saeting where people who want to vocally support the club can gather.

2) A place where people who experienced the old EE can reminisce about it. This is where the problem lies. These people want to stand up in The EE as it is what they used to do. Unfortunately the EE dosn't exist anymore and I;ve just realised I have no idea where this post is going.

Oh well I'm sure you get the gist of what I am trying to say!

RED ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality atmosphere in there last night and a good turnout too as expected!

I twent on for about 15-20 mins the Red Army chant. Someone i knew in there text me with the words Red Army :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Archived