IGNORED

Stewart, Bridges

cinker

Living in Canada it is difficult to get the sense of who is playing well except for the reads on the forum.

I am disappointed that Stewart and Bridges haven't been banging them in. According to the Porting Life stats we had more shots on net last Saturday.

So why isn't Stewart banging them in and how long do we give them?? Or are they playing well but cannot finish??

dunno.gif

Guest routabout

From what I have seen, the service to them is definitely lacking, that's for starters.

Stewart is trying to do too much, bless him, often resulting in him being out of position when we regain control of the ball.

Bridges looks a bit rusty overall, but does show glimpses of his quality and is definitely lacking match fitness as well as sharpness. If we could get quality crosses into the box, I think Stewart would have had a fair few by now.

The biggest problem, is that most of the supply to the forwards has been in the form of hoofed, aimless punts, high into the box. No prizes for guessing who is the worst offender in this respect. Often they go straight to the opposition, but when they do find our players, it needs bringing under control before a shot can be let off and by this time, the defence have swamped our 'feared marksmen'.

That's how I see it, anyway.

bridges hasnt had to many games, maybe a tad unfit but nothing he can't work on.

His football has been intelligent for this league, using more flick ons and skill laying the ball onto other players and thats why i see him as being played behind the two forwards who will bang them in.

stewart has seemed ok, looks knackered after a while but in my eyes he is really trying for the team, and thats where sometimes it goes wrong, he'll go back alot more often than he should to cover for others.

we've had a good few games to gel together and now we should find our feet, the goals start here ...... smile.gif

Archived