IGNORED

Basset Has Said He Is To Have Talks With City

kachina

Dave basset has told my boss mick channon that he is consideringa move to bristol city, he told him over lunch on sunday he is down on tuesday to have a meeting with steve lansdowna nd has been approached by the club after applying for the job.

he has been a temp coach at southampton on a week to week basis and wants to go into management here as he can see real promise in our squad and thinks they just need grabbing hold of.

i bloody hope he comes we need a name not a cheap number

Dave basset has told my boss mick channon that he is consideringa  move to bristol city, he told him over lunch on sunday he is down on tuesday to have a meeting with steve lansdowna nd has been approached by the club after applying for the job.

he has been a temp coach at southampton on a week to week basis and wants to go into management here as he can see real promise in our squad and thinks they just need grabbing hold of.

i bloody hope he comes we need a name not a cheap number

You work for Mick Channon???????????

Guest routabout
That is a disgraceful slur on the good name of our media and communications manager. razz.gif

Whoops. Completely unintentional, I assure you. But I think you might have a point there. wink.gif

Quality!

Guest routabout
perhapse dennis wise will come with him ,as his assistant?

I watched Wise in yesterday's match. He's still got it, ain't he? Fair play to the short-arsed sod. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but I've always had a soft spot for this little terrier of a wind up merchant. He gives 110%, is fit and can actually play football, even at his age.

Guest routabout

And thinking about it, Wise would probably command a 'kings ransom' in wages, but would he ever sort our midfield out? And if Carey continued to lump balls forward, bypassing the midfield, I'm sure that wise would soon sort that out too.

Sadly, way out of our league.

Who, Mick Channon?

Who's Mick Channon?

Played for Southampton in the 70's. Was one of the best strikers 9arguably) in the world. Played for England, good England team friends with Keegan while Keegan was at Liverpool. Mick Channon loved race horses, bought a few and went into the race horse business.

Guest routabout
Must of been a very rushed lunch as he was on the touchline at Pride Park Sunday afternoon.

That's a very interesting point that you make there NATCHER. Care to comment, Kachina?

Boss is at all southampton games, avid fan of club, i ride out for mick channon the racehorse trainer and he turned to me on monday morning and mentioned bassett going to sort you lot out and told me what he told him.

was kinda hoping he would bring harry with him Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it., but dennis wise would do.

or maybe bring alan ball with him.

i can here the chant

poor tinnion

he got the sack

but bassett and ball

got top of the league

heres to hoping anyways

anyone but lawence, what sort of idiot would enploy a welsh see u next tuesday to a firm that hate the welsh.

Boss is at all southampton games, avid fan of club, i ride out for mick channon the racehorse trainer and he turned to me on monday morning and mentioned bassett going to sort you lot out and told me what he told him.

was kinda hoping he would bring harry with him Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it., but dennis wise would do.

or maybe bring alan ball with him.

i can here the chant

poor tinnion

he got the sack

but bassett and ball

got top of the league

heres to hoping anyways

anyone but lawence, what sort of idiot would enploy a welsh see u next tuesday to a firm that hate the welsh.

Ummmm......... hes not welsh farmer.gif

Archived