IGNORED

Whats Happened To Clayton Fortune

Tim S

...or should that be Calamity Mis-Fortune?!?

I remember when Clayton first emerged into the City team, he seemed very confident and a real potential for the future. I even remember one game a couple of seasons ago when Danny Wilson threw him up front for the last 10 mins of a game and he made a mazy run and shot and was unlucky not to score!

Also there must have been a reason why Preston offered £400,000 for him - and an even better reason why we turned it down!!!

But what has happened to that player with so much potential who looked a star in the making.... these days my heart sinks if I hear his name on the team sheet and everytime the ball comes near him I get nervous!!!

It really does look now that turning that £400k down from Preston was a very very bad move for City.

and an even better reason why we turned it down!!!

Arggggggggggggggg banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

We didn't turn it down. Clayton turned the move down dunno.gif

If you ask me, thats a sign of whats wrong with him.. he's quite happy earning his corn in the comfort zone down here than stepping up a level.

Guest ashtonyate
We did not turn it down, he chose to stay here, a strange decision for an ambitious young footballer who surely has hopes to play at a higher level.

That a bit harch we had a go at Lita for taking the money now we have a go because he did not.Young players go through this type of problem lack of confendents and who could blame him with the team in the state its in.

Maybe hes playing in the wrong position. I remember a few seasons ago he played up fron due to injuries etc. Maybe we should give him a go at scoring??

He could never be a striker. The one position he could move to is defensive midfielder, but i feel he needs too much time on the ball to be risked in the middle of the park.

I remember when Clayton first emerged into the City team, he seemed very confident and a real potential for the future. I even remember one game a couple of seasons ago when Danny Wilson threw him up front for the last 10 mins of a game and he made a mazy run and shot and was unlucky not to score!

Also there must have been a reason why Preston offered £400,000 for him - and an even better reason why we turned it down!!!

But what has happened to that player with so much potential who looked a star in the making.... these days my heart sinks if I hear his name on the team sheet and everytime the ball comes near him I get nervous!!!

It really does look now that turning that £400k down from Preston was a very very bad move for City.

Hopefully hes taken a taxi, a long way from Ashton Gate. rofl2br.gif

The name Marvin Brown springs to mind here

When he first came onto the scene, he didn't have to play with a pack of donkeys in defence

When he first came onto the scene, he didn't have to play with a pack of donkeys in defence

I think he is best in the centre of mid playing the holding role but even then he is not that great. I've never seen this 'potential' from him that people go on about. he is useless in the air, look dodgy on the deck and gets caught out all the time.

Archived