IGNORED

Dennis Wise

Tim S

Lets just imagine for a minute that Dennis Wise got the job and came as a player manager. I was just thinking, would he be aloud to play? Becuase we cant sign new players at the moment becuase of the transfer window. So would that mean that if Dennis Wise came here as Player/Manager (or even as an assistant to someone like Dave Bassit) that he would have to wait for the transfer window to re-open until he can play????

I'm guessing it wouldnt matter and he would be able to play, but the thought just crossed my mind and I wondered if anyone actually knew the rule regarding player/managers and the transfer window?!

Lets just imagine for a minute that Dennis Wise got the job and came as a player manager. I was just thinking, would he be aloud to play? Becuase we cant sign new players at the moment becuase of the transfer window. So would that mean that if Dennis Wise came here as Player/Manager (or even as an assistant to someone like Dave Bassit) that he would have to wait for the transfer window to re-open until he can play????

I'm guessing it wouldnt matter and he would be able to play, but the thought just crossed my mind and I wondered if anyone actually knew the rule regarding player/managers and the transfer window?!

I'd guess he would be released by Southampton and therefore allowed to sign for us as a non-contracted player.

Guest routabout

I don't actually know, but I would imagine that we wouldn't be able to register him as a player until the window re-opens. unless we could show that we really need to, ie 'emergency'. Or is that slip a brown envelope to the powers that be? devil.gif

[Edit]

Or what Frank said. Probably what Frank said. Oh just read Frank's. wink.gif

Archived