IGNORED

Marcus Stewart!

Andy082005

Ok, I've restrained from voicing my opinion on this matter for a while now, but have to put a few points forward

1, Even when Marcus was in his prime, aged 26/27...he was never a player who was blessed with pace. Now at 32, he isnt going to get any faster.

2, he is a completely different striker to what we are used to. Marcus loves to come deep, look for the ball, link the midfield and that attack.....this he has done very well. He works hard, holds onto the ball well , doesnt give it away much and very rarely puts in a stray pass.

3, Marcus would be best suited with a striker who has pace and ability, someone who can sit on the last man, be able to read the offside trap, and feed off his through balls.....Gillespie is not ready for that yet, to raw. Lita would have been perfect, but he went for a poxy £1m.....now being eyed for £3m by premiership teams

4, Ok, fair due, his goal ratio is poor since he joined.....but how can he score when the quality of service from ALL the midfielders is abysmal!

Marcus Stewarts BIGGEST problem at the moment is he is trying (and I say trying), to do his own job and the midfields.

Ok, I've restrained from voicing my opinion on this matter for a while now, but have to put a few points forward

1, Even when Marcus was in his prime, aged 26/27...he was never a player who was blessed with pace.  Now at 32, he isnt going to get any faster.

2, he is a completely different striker to what we are used to.  Marcus loves to come deep, look for the ball, link the midfield and that attack.....this he has done very well.  He works hard, holds onto the ball well , doesnt give it away much and very rarely puts in a stray pass.

3, Marcus would be best suited with a striker who has pace and ability, someone who can sit on the last man, be able to read the offside trap, and feed off his through balls.....Gillespie is not ready for that yet, to raw.  Lita would have been perfect, but he went for a poxy £1m.....now being eyed for £3m by premiership teams

4, Ok, fair due, his goal ratio is poor since he joined.....but how can he score when the quality of service from ALL the midfielders is abysmal!

OK so lets get Adam Proudlock in along side him, or play Bridges and Proudlock upfront, with Stewart behind them.

Marcus Stewarts BIGGEST problem at the moment is he is trying (and I say trying), to do his own job and the midfields.

Guest zider_head

3, Marcus would be best suited with a striker who has pace and ability, someone who can sit on the last man, be able to read the offside trap, and feed off his through balls.....Gillespie is not ready for that yet, to raw. Lita would have been perfect, but he went for a poxy £1m.....now being eyed for £3m by premiership teams

Where the hell did you get lita and 3 million from ?

I beleive we have a 30 - 40 % sell on clause which would bring in nearly another 1 million pounds, can you see reading selling him for a profit of a million or keeping him with thehope of going to the prem ? Its not as if Majaski is poor is it ?

1, Even when Marcus was in his prime, aged 26/27...he was never a player who was blessed with pace.  Now at 32, he isnt going to get any faster.

2, he is a completely different striker to what we are used to.  Marcus loves to come deep, look for the ball, link the midfield and that attack.....this he has done very well.  He works hard, holds onto the ball well , doesnt give it away much and very rarely puts in a stray pass.

3, Marcus would be best suited with a striker who has pace and ability, someone who can sit on the last man, be able to read the offside trap, and feed off his through balls.....Gillespie is not ready for that yet, to raw.  Lita would have been perfect, but he went for a poxy £1m.....now being eyed for £3m by premiership teams

Totally agree - he's the thinking man's Lee Peacock, he looks dangerous around the box trouble is he does't get there often enough cos of the service.

Where the hell did you get lita and 3 million from ?

I beleive we have a 30 - 40 % sell on clause which would bring in nearly another 1 million pounds, can you see reading selling him for a profit of a million or keeping him with thehope of going to the prem ? Its not as if Majaski is poor is it ?

Mate, in two papers on Sunday, The Guardian and the News of the World. Premiership clubs keepnig tabs

Mate, in two papers on Sunday, The Guardian and the News of the World. Premiership clubs keepnig tabs

The point is no one would pay £3M for a player who had one good season in the third div to his name. Now that he's showing it wasn't a flash in the pan and he can do it at a higher level, the prem are interested. Whether you agree with the sale or not, £1m was a good bit of business (in a purely short term financial sense) for the club. If he keeps it up I'm sure Reading to struggle to keep him, as we did, but we've got a good sell on clause and he's history as far as BCFC are concerned, forget him.

Archived