IGNORED

Gregory Ball For Manager?

The Dude

Rumour is that Australian Greg Ball has applied for the coaching job. He has experience in Oz with the Wollongong Wolves and Christian Vierie's old club Marconi. He has also spent a season working in Japan managing a J-League team. He might be a dark horse.

I personally think that the board should look outside of the usual suspects and bring in someone with no baggage who will just sign up a load of players from his old club.

Has anyone else heard this rumour? Do you think he is a chance?

Rumour is that Australian Greg Ball has applied for the coaching job. He has experience in Oz with the Wollongong Wolves and Christian Vierie's old club Marconi. He has also spent a season working in Japan managing a J-League team. He might be a dark horse.

I personally think that the board should look outside of the usual suspects and bring in someone with no baggage who will just sign up a load of players from his old club.

Has anyone else heard this rumour? Do you think he is a chance?

No........................and nor do you !

Remember Wenger came from J-League to manage Arsenal.

He is a long shot I agree, but why not. He has more experience than Tinnion ever did. And he certainly has more managerial expereince than Premiership managers Stuart Pearce and Chris Coleman.

I just like the idea of someone from outside the UK.

I personally don't care , If Stevie Wonder, could get the respect of the players and fans, and get us out of this pizz poor league he will do for me.

We need someone who aint going to let these overpaid prima donnas just stroll around our club for a jolly.

Tinman couldnt do it, he was the wrong man.Talking to former players he is and has always been a yes man, that was why he was appointed end of, this has backfired. We now need a NO man, Someone like Martin Allen for example.....

I personally don't care , If Stevie Wonder, could get the respect of the players and fans, and get us out of this pizz poor league he will do for me.

We need someone who aint going to let these overpaid prima donnas just stroll around our club for a jolly.

Tinman couldnt do it, he was the wrong man.Talking to former players he is and has always been a yes man, that was why he was appointed end of, this has backfired. We now need a NO man, Someone like Martin Allen for example.....

Stevie Wonder ? I thought he was lined up for the Plymouth job

I can see that a NO man would be interesting

Lansdown " Martin, We come to a decision - will you accept the job?"

Martin Allen "NO !"

I just like the idea of someone from outside the UK.

Then look no further than Stephen Constantine, an extremely highly qualified coach, constant success as a manager abroad at both club and international level, and he's British!. Never yet worked in this country but would love the chance, currently on 1 months trial as a coach with Millwall.

www.stephenconstantine.co.uk

Then look no further than Stephen Constantine, an extremely highly qualified coach, constant success as a manager abroad at both club and international level, and he's British!. Never yet worked in this country but would love the chance, currently on 1 months trial as a coach with Millwall.

Yeah, someone's who's managed such mighty giants as those teams is going to really command respect from our overpaid squad. We need someone with experience of the lower English leagues, not someone who's coached the Chinese Rice Pickers' Union girls' U-13 team.

Yeah, someone's who's managed such mighty giants as those teams is going to really command respect from our overpaid squad. We need someone with experience of the lower English leagues, not someone who's coached the Chinese Rice Pickers' Union girls' U-13 team.

Interesting to note that a struggling Millwall side have had back to back wins within two weeks of his appointment at the club.

Guest routabout
Interesting to note that a struggling Millwall side have had back to back wins within two weeks of his appointment at the club.

And if what you are suggesting is true, then do you think Millwall will let him leave? The man alledgedly said that he wouldn't apply to us, because he didn't want to mess up his chances at Millwall. Do I need to spell anything out here?

And if what you are suggesting is true, then do you think Millwall will let him leave? The man alledgedly said that he wouldn't apply to us, because he didn't want to mess up his chances at Millwall. Do I need to spell anything out here?

I understand from other posts on here that he is on a months trial. Therefore an offer of something more permanent might be very tempting?

It's not important anyway, we wont have a say and will get some 50+ year old to "steady the ship".

Always good to have the ship steady as it sinks I feel............. disapointed2se.gif

As I saw the alleged comments he was implying that he'd snap up the job if he was approached but wouldn't be applying as he didn't want to lose his chance of breaking into the English game with Millwall. I get the impression he is desperate to prove himself here and show just how good he is.

Millwall wouldn't have a lot of choice about letting him leave as he's only on a months trial there at the moment

Archived