IGNORED

Shock Appointment

Guest citycityman

Guest citycityman

no wonder steve's keeping this one under wraps and its been a delayed appointment - Gary Megson- get this, about to quit from Forrest according to sky sports.. could this be the funniest story in football, Megson manages his last game against his new club..

no wonder steve's keeping this one under wraps and its been a delayed appointment - Gary Megson- get this, about to quit from Forrest according to sky sports.. could this be the funniest story in football, Megson manages his last game against his new club..

I can joke about it because it ain't going to happen, but would this be a record?

Father & son managing two different clubs in the same city!

I'm not to sure about Megson. (If he does take over?) he is struggling to find his feet in this division with Forest.

I'm split to think if he's a good idea.

Nottingham Forest boss Gary Megson is ready to quit the club after yet another defeat in League One.

Forest were amongst the favourites for promotion this season after suffering relegation from The Championship last term.

However, Megson's men have had a disastrous start to the campaign, and have lost six games on the bounce after winning their opening fixture.

Forest lost 2-0 at Barnsley on Saturday and Megson had to walk past an irate travelling support at Oakwell who vented their anger with the manager.

Megson can understand their frustration and the former West Brom boss has offered to leave The City Ground if the board decide on a change.

"That was the longest walk I have ever done but I cannot blame the fans," said Megson after facing the Forest fans on the walk to the tunnel at Oakwell.

"The way they turn out in their thousands every week to watch that it's amazing - I wouldn't.

"I cannot blame the players either as I have brought 12 of them in but their performance is not what I expect. I will sit down with the people in charge and see what they think.

"If they decide its time for a change then I'll go. But it's a fantastic club and the people in charge are wonderful."

Thats what was on Sky Sports website.

Nottingham Forest boss Gary Megson is ready to quit the club after yet another defeat in League One.

Forest were amongst the favourites for promotion this season after suffering relegation from The Championship last term.

However, Megson's men have had a disastrous start to the campaign, and have lost six games on the bounce after winning their opening fixture.

Forest lost 2-0 at Barnsley on Saturday and Megson had to walk past an irate travelling support at Oakwell who vented their anger with the manager.

Megson can understand their frustration and the former West Brom boss has offered to leave The City Ground if the board decide on a change.

"That was the longest walk I have ever done but I cannot blame the fans," said Megson after facing the Forest fans on the walk to the tunnel at Oakwell.

"The way they turn out in their thousands every week to watch that it's amazing - I wouldn't.

"I cannot blame the players either as I have brought 12 of them in but their performance is not what I expect. I will sit down with the people in charge and see what they think.

"If they decide its time for a change then I'll go. But it's a fantastic club and the people in charge are wonderful."

Thats what was on Sky Sports website.

That was over a week ago. Since then forest have won 2 nil to Rotherham. He had heated talks last week and decided to stay on. smile.gif

thats ok forrest man, I'd like Megson to stay with you aswell as looks like he's doing a very good job with you this season ha ha

It's Forest, not forrest actually whistling.gif

I know he's not done a great deal at the moment but the thing Forest need more than anything is stability. Sacking yet another manager would be suicide for us.

Best of luck tonight by the way and those that are making the journey, enjoy it.

Guest routabout

I won't be going FF, but thanks. I have a feeling that Megson will be finding favour amongst some of his critics, after tonight. Although it pains me to say it, I see nothing other than a resounding victory for your lot.

Please ignore some of our 'less able' posters, they know not, what they say.

I won't be going FF, but thanks. I have a feeling that Megson will be finding favour amongst some of his critics, after tonight. Although it pains me to say it, I see nothing other than a resounding victory for your lot.

Please ignore some of our 'less able' posters, they know not, what they say.

It's not a problem, all taken in good spirit.

I couldn't see us losing to teams like Macclesfield at home but we did doh.gif I take nothing for granted these days but after a much needed win last Saturday, I hope we can build on that and give our season a much needed kick start. As I mentioned on an earlier thread it will be a very special night - It's one year to the day since Brian Clough died and I'm expecting a pretty good turnout from Forest with a minute's silence before the game and Cloughie's name being shouted around the crowd it should be a great atmosphere.

Guest routabout
It's not a problem, all taken in good spirit.

I couldn't see us losing to teams like Macclesfield at home but we did  doh.gif  I take nothing for granted these days but after a much needed win last Saturday, I hope we can build on that and give our season a much needed kick start. As I mentioned on an earlier thread it will be a very special night - It's one year to the day since Brian Clough died and I'm expecting a pretty good turnout from Forest with a minute's silence before the game and Cloughie's name being shouted around the crowd it should be a great atmosphere.

Aye, I agree. We had our minute's silence to honour the passing of our former chairman Archie Gooch, which was carried out impeccably. As our away fans are generally a bloody good bunch, I don't envisage any of them not honouring Cloughie. In fact, I will be honouring him, from home, listening in on BCFCWorld's live commentary. A sad and great loss to the world and to football. I can only imagine just how great a loss it must be for the Forest faithful. A true legend, the likes of which we may never see again.

Aye, I agree. We had our minute's silence to honour the passing of our former chairman Archie Gooch, which was carried out impeccably. As our away fans are generally a bloody good bunch, I don't envisage any of them not honouring Cloughie. In fact, I will be honouring him, from home, listening in on BCFCWorld's live commentary. A sad and great loss to the world and to football. I can only imagine just how great a loss it must be for the Forest faithful. A true legend, the likes of which we may never see again.

What a thoroughly nice chap! Thanks for the kind words, cheered me up. As a Forest fan I've always loved and respected Clough but it's great to hear other football fans (except Liverpool banghead.gif ) with comment like that.

If your interest, there's some great 'bits' here on the great man http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/

You're quoting old news! Yes Megson did have talks with the Forest board last week following the defeat against Barnsley. He offered to quit but received full backing from the board and the majority of fans so will be here for a while longer.

Meggo's going nowhere - Sorry! razz.gif

On the basis of the job he's done for you, we may as well have swapped him for Tinnion and we'll see you in League Two with the Gas, always assuming they don't get relegated to the conference, next season. sad.gif

On the basis of the job he's done for you, we may as well have swapped him for Tinnion and we'll see you in League Two with the Gas, always assuming they don't get relegated to the conference, next season. sad.gif

I never think like that me! Forever the optomist I am, and Forest and City will be in the promotion melting pot at the end of the season chant6ez.gif Things seem pretty awful now and I'm sure like me you've taken stick for supporting your team but WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH farmer.gif

Guest routabout
I never think like that me! Forever the optomist I am, and Forest and City will be in the promotion melting pot at the end of the season  chant6ez.gif Things seem pretty awful now and I'm sure like me you've taken stick for supporting your team but WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH  farmer.gif

And bloody good on you. All the best FF, other than on the pitch tonight, of course. Well, I can hope, can't I? wink.gif

yeah, nice post FF. I think any true football fan will remember the great Cloughie with a lot of fondness. He may have been your manager, but he was every footy fans favourite other teams manager when he was in his prime. I mean who can ever forget him giving a couple of fans a few slaps for coming onto HIS pitch, and then getting them to apologise, utter genius. He may be gone, but he will never be forgotten. Best of luck with the minutes silence, but not with the result (although we both need the 3 points).

Archived