IGNORED

Relegation

Keepers Ball

Think about it.

We get relegated and hopefully those wasters that call themselves players might **** off.

We start again from scratch and if that means including Boardroomnthen so be it.

its worked for Plymouth, hull & Luton and Swansea,S****horpe and Southend are going well

I think relegation is the only way to get rid of the hangers on in the mould of Carey, Murray etc

Um...no!

Was just thinking the same thats one this club don't need! I know you lot are still very doubtful, but I'm still positive that we can sneak a play-off place...which we would all take right now. You can call me a dreamer and probably other things aswell. But i feel we can still get promotion, but we have to start winning soon!

Tom city.gif till i die!

Was just thinking the same thats one this club don't need! I know you lot are still very doubtful, but I'm still positive that we can sneak a play-off place...which we would all take right now. You can call me a dreamer and probably other things aswell. But i feel we can still get promotion, but we have to start winning soon!

Tom  city.gif till i die!

You just need to look at Forest to see how things can turn around.

Two games ago they were on as bad a slide as us, worse I think as I believe they'd lost three or four in a row.

The manager had discussions with the board and decided to stay on. They then beat Rotherham 2-0, one goal being a penalty and are now confident and came into this game on a high.

It might take just a bit of luck, a penalty at Brentford, and we could be on our way again! city.gif

Our last set of published accounts showed us with £6.6M of debt. Rumour has it that the next set of accounts will show a loss approaching £2M. That would put us around £8.5M in debt with assets (the ground) of around £8.5M.

If we get relegated we'll still have to honour the contracts of the players earning an average of £100,000 a year but we'll generate less money because less fans will turn up. If we get relegated you cannot rule out a repeat of what happened last time we entered the basement division in the 81/82 season.

If we are relegated this season we should genuinely fear for the future of our club.

Think about it.

We get relegated and hopefully those wasters that call themselves players might **** off.

We start again from scratch and if that means including Boardroomnthen so be it.

its worked for Plymouth, hull & Luton and Swansea,S****horpe and Southend are going well

I think relegation is the only way to get rid of the hangers on in the mould of Carey, Murray etc

I understand the position..... but I think we should look towards staying up in the third to do what you suggest.

I think the reality check is now to get the kind of players that are capable of keeping us up in division three....... but to apply the logic that you suggest

we should be able to do this with our squad??????????????????????????????

Plenty of other teams can do this......... and we must do this....... so I agree in principle but not in division ..... if you see what I mean?

No he is right sometimes it takes a knock to go fowards you have to take along hard look at yur selfs and fight back even harder ...look at westham!! they are flying

No he is wrong....... it would be a disaster for us to go down to the forth division

We might take hundreds of years to get back out...... sod a knock mate

But he is right about certain aspects...... which we need to apply but that would be better to do from the division we are in now......... survival in the third would suit me at this stage but the logic of his(?)post needs to be from this division.......

Are the buggers we sign hungry....... no I doubt it?

but going down further could be worse for us than you describe...... knock or otherwise?

Think about it.

are you off your trolley?since when has being relegated been good for anyone,crowds down revenue down my morale down,we need someone to redress the balance , sort this out and soon.pull your finger out SL

Our last set of published accounts showed us with £6.6M of debt. Rumour has it that the next set of accounts will show a loss approaching £2M. That would put us around £8.5M in debt with assets (the ground) of around £8.5M.

If we get relegated we'll still have to honour the contracts of the players earning an average of £100,000 a year but we'll generate less money because less fans will turn up. If we get relegated you cannot rule out a repeat of what happened last time we entered the basement division in the 81/82 season.

If we are relegated this season we should genuinely fear for the future of our club.

It pleases taipan that a shrewd mind such as Milo's will be at the fore of the ST.

I think however takes over as manager needs to call an emergency meeting with every player in our squad. They need to have a heart to heart and see what each player thinks is wrong at the moment. The strikers need to tell their team that they arent getting any decent service from midfield. The defence need to know what they are doing wrong.

The defence has gone wrong since taylor left.

Your having a laugh aren't you? Relegation could and quite probably kill the club. We've got enough floating fans as it is - even more will disappear if we go down.

We will be plunged even further into debt, have to rely on academy/reserve players, as well as having to release a large chunk of the squad because their wages will be too high for a basement club (they're high as it is).

Relegation could be good - what planet are you on!?

Tom  city.gif till i die!

The problem is Tom, that we don't even look like winning at the moment. At home to a very poor Blackpool, I felt almost embarrassed that we had taken the lead cos we simply didn't deserve to. Our only win of the season, PortVale home, we were lucky to only concede two. Wins come from performances and we are performing woefully. Realistically, I think we'll finish mid-table, which wouldn't be a bad thing. The rest of this season should be seen as the perfect opportunity for A) the manager to put his methods into place and to assess the squad; and B)players like Golbourne, Skuse, Gillespie, Cotterill and young Brown to get some vital first team experience under their belts. That's not negative, just realistic.

Also, a word of caution: Wednesday started poorly last year but managed to finish in the top 6. The fact that they won the playoff lottery concealed one crucial fact - they were never actually that good. There were times when wednesday narrowly won games last year, but the fans complained that they couldn't work out how considering the poor football they were playing. Now they're bottom of the championship. City COULD reach the play-offs but are not good enough for it to necessarily productive.

Your having a laugh aren't you? Relegation could and quite probably kill the club. We've got enough floating fans as it is - even more will disappear if we go down.

We will be plunged even further into debt, have to rely on academy/reserve players, as well as having to release a large chunk of the squad because their wages will be too high for a basement club (they're high as it is).

Relegation could be good - what planet are you on!?

I think that Sui...... has pretty much admited that it was rash to suggest it and has also accepted that there are some good reasons why it might not be so good after all?

But that said not an unreasonable question or statement?

We won't get religated, i think we have enough commited players to ensure our survival at least.

We should however lower our expectations for this season now, and focus on getting players to perform and play for each other, they need a manager with the ability to motivate them to play football, we've just not seen that at all this season.

We have to players to make a play-off place, even now there is still time, but so much now rest on who will take them helm, i hope it's someone like Thatcher.

Really though, i just don't care, whoever is put in charge they will have a pritty tough time getting our performances right and back to winning ways, they certainly don't need any stick from fans who are disgruntled at their appointment, we all have to be 100% behind him or it just wont work.

I kind of like the saying that bad times brings everyone closer,i think thats what SuicidalRed might be trying to say.

It's true though, i'm not trying to dilute the Blitz of London in WWII, but after that kind of hardship came great prosperity, and i for one think we have suffered long enough and deserve our prosperity now, starting with the immidiate unveiling of the new manager who will be the one, i'm sure to turn this club around.

We've had enough of underperforming season after season, having the Championship within our grasp only to be let down time & time again, we should be storming thought this league! sadly though we are sat at the bottom, in the company of MK Dons and the stark realization that we need to win games to ensure our survival has now hit us, we've hit rock bottom now, we don't need to be religated to understand that.

Think about it.

Skint enough now aren't we?

Really don't need to be relegated not even for a derby game!

I think however takes over as manager needs to call an emergency meeting with every player in our squad. They need to have a heart to heart and see what each player thinks is wrong at the moment. The strikers need to tell their team that they arent getting any decent service from midfield. The defence need to know what they are doing wrong.

The defence has gone wrong since taylor left.

reminds me of tinnions famous 'look into to my eyes' scenario, lets just hope the new manager gets some sense out of them this time!

Well said Milo.

Scenarion One: Andy king didn't seem to devastated when he lost Grant Smith and Steve Heywood to us

The Swindon fans I know were quite cheesed off that they lost Grant Smith. Although they find it funny that he's playing on the left wing, as they know he's much better off in the centre.

We must stabilise, and get up this league.

Up to the new manager to get rid of the wasters smile.gif

Up to the new manager to get rid of the wasters, that is going to be much easier said than done, lets face there are not to many teams like the City who have the knack of signing all the dead wood that there is around.

Scenarion One: Andy king didn't seem to devastated when he lost Grant Smith and Steve Heywood to us, Leroy Rosenior wasn't to devastated to lose Russell, Marcus Stewart is on an easy run down to retirement, it was the big name that the club wanted, isn't working bringing back Scotty Murray totaly devastated Steve Coppell (Not) I don't think that I need to go on.

But what I do need to ask is where is the new manager going to get rid of them to. ?

Archived