IGNORED

Are We Ripe For A Takeover Bid ?

alandicks

yes when i heared the news,that was my thoughts. But why has he gone now? Is it because he knows who the new manager is, and is not happy. With Archie shares up for sale and SL making a mess out of the whole thing. This could leave it open for a take over.Which could be the best news weve had for years or a distaster.

With poor Mr Gooch now passed on and Laycock resigning,Lansdown must be cheesed off with all the aggro are we open for a takeover bid.

Have they been waiting for dear old Archie to go before venturing down this path ?

Just a thought.

Where does it say Laycock has resigned ?

I thought it strange that SL & KD were sifting through the applicants.

dunno.gif

The board would not sell unless their loans were repaid and personal guarantees were removed. Any potential new owner needs to go through this thought process:

"Bristol City, great potential, large catchment area but stadium needs updating at £7M, been in division 3 for 7 years, potentially heading for relegation, and it's going to cost me £8.5M just to clear the debts ...

and then, say, another £2M to cover the loss the Club will make this year and to be safe another £3M for the year after in case they're relegated ...

so that's about £20M before I can hope to turn it around ...

then I might have to get them out the 4th, then the 3rd and, yeah, the Championship and keep up us in the Premiership for a few years before I can sell it for a profit ...

I'll do it! Where's the phone?"

Or let me put this another way, in my opinion, we are not ripe for a takeover bid.

Guest routabout
Re my earlier post.Laycock has just returned from holiday and resigned.

And yet you ask for confirmation, in the SteveL forum?

I'm not saying it's not true, in fact I suspect that it might be, seeing club staff on the forum at this time of night.

But you ask us to take your word for it?

Guest routabout

Well, if there is no MAJOR investor on the horizon and we just weather this out, I'd like to see an explanation as to what the series of events have been.

Either way, I think that a "come clean and let the fans know what the hell has been going on at the gate" session would certainly go some way to regaining the confidence of the fans. I think it's clear to see that it is at a real low, at the moment.

Heard SCOTT DAVIDSON is comming back?

I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I'd have my doubts about him coming back onboard. Although, doesn't he still have money tied up in the club anyway?

Archived