IGNORED

Awww, Let's Face It...

maidenheadred

so - that's automatic hopes dammed for another season then, but let's face it - this is our home!

Coca Cola League 1, Nationwide Division 2, Barclays League Division 3 - this is where we belong! We're a biggish fish, in a stinking, putrid pond.

Fast forwarding a few months - I can't wait to find see why the club does next year to get our hopes up, just think about it:

2003/2004

- Spend huuge amounts of money on a squad that finished 3rd (Miller and Wiltshire for £600k!)

- Everyone really excited - season ticket sales rocket despite last year's disappointment!!

- Fail.

2004/2005

- Brand new manager!

- Prolific goal scorer signed from Notts County!

- Murray back!

- Everyone really excited - season ticket sales rocket despite last year's disappointment!!

- Fail.

2005/2006

- Same manager, but it'll be alright this time, promise!

- Sign premiership strikers, and loads of other apparently awesome players!

- Get rid of all the useless boozers!!

- Fail.

2006/2007

- Wenger?

- Rivaldo?

- 60,000 seat stadium?

- £billionaire ukranian suger daddy?

- Failure, obviously.

It's been the patter for the last 10 years - it'll be the pattern for the next. But one division above the Gas, so it's ok.

so - that's automatic hopes dammed for another season then, but let's face it - this is our home!

Coca Cola League 1, Nationwide Division 2,  Barclays League Division 3 - this is where we belong! We're a biggish fish, in a stinking, putrid pond.

Fast forwarding a few months - I can't wait to find see why the club does next year to get our hopes up, just think about it:

2003/2004

- Spend huuge amounts of money on a squad that finished 3rd (Miller and Wiltshire for £600k!)

- Fail.

2004/2005

- Brand new manager!

- Prolific goal scorer signed from Notts County!

- Murray back!

- Fail.

2005/2006

- Same manager, but it'll be alright this time, promise!

- Sign premiership strikers, and loads of other apparently awesome players!

- Get rid of all the useless boozers!!

- Fail.

2006/2007

- Wenger?

- Rivaldo?

- 60,000 seat stadium?

- £billionaire ukranian suger daddy?

- Failure, obviously.

It's been the patter for the last 10 years - it'll be the pattern for the next.  But one division above the Gas, so it's ok.

History is not going to dispel my and many others dreams

But the fact is I'd rather be in division three than the fourth

Coca Cola League 1, Nationwide Division 2,  Barclays League Division 3 - this is where we belong! We're a biggish fish, in a stinking, putrid pond.

We tried promotion and, quite frankly, I didn't like it. I'm just glad that Stevey Landsdown shares my view and will get Lenny in to keep things the way they are. Good shout mate.

Guest Longford Red
Lets just keep hoping we stay that one division above the Gas....

I have a £100 bet with a mate of mine that we wont be playing Hereford United by the end of next season. 

Maybe I should give him the money now and ask for a discount?

If he's that good a mate then ask him politely if you can pay interest free monthly payments praying smiley.gif

Lets just keep hoping we stay that one division above the Gas....

I have a £100 bet with a mate of mine that we wont be playing Hereford United by the end of next season. 

Maybe I should give him the money now and ask for a discount?

Well, Hereford United were my Number 1 Choice favourites for the Conference Championship this season after finishing Runners Up the previous 2 seasons, but at the moment there could possibly be a shock on the cards with Grays Athletic possibly winning it? And at the moment, we could be looking to play them next season!

Anyone know if any club has ever got back to back promotion before from the Division below the Conference into the Conference, and then straight into the League from there? I don't believe anyone has, but these days, most of the clubs promoted into the Conference look pretty comfortable indeed!

Teams who haven't been that far off I can think of must be the likes of Aldershot, Accrington, Crawley, and now possibly Grays...

But I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world of we went down to Exeter again... rofl2br.gif

Guest Fred Fjord
Anyone know if any club has ever got back to back promotion before from the Division below the Conference into the Conference, and then straight into the League from there? I don't believe anyone has, but these days, most of the clubs promoted into the Conference look pretty comfortable indeed!

I guess Cheltnum, would be the closest...they finished 2nd in their first season before the PO's and then won it the next.

Archived