IGNORED

Big Club ?

Guest tony2k

englandsmile4wf.gif Dear Mr lansdown,

As a City supporter and follower for over 40 years I am getting very frustrated by the lack of ambition with Bristol City. We are constantly being told what a "big" club we are, but nothing ever happens, apart from the odd flirtation in recent seasons with the play-offs. How can the like's of Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Charlton etc all get to the top league while we stay in the third tier of English football. I agree with a number of other City supporters that everything appears to be done by the cheapest method possible, including the quality of the leisure wear and selling our best players.

I trust the appointment of the next manager is not another cheap option, and especially not Mr Lawrence. I have lived in Cardiff for over 10 years now and my Cardiff City friends cannot find a good word to say about him, they find it hard to believe he his even being considered.

I will continue to support Bristol City, as I have done all my life, but I would dearly love to see someone with the determination and resources to help the new manager get this club back into the top league.

regards

Tony Westlake

Guest GingerPeacock

If you study who a certain BCFC director is in bed with when combining soccer and private business interests (stadia etc) you will reveal some like minded individuals, possibly including former owners of the old Eastville complex. For instance, a group who are co-directors in the hope that one day they may join hands over a new venture with a new stadium on the outskirts of Bristol- possibly a joint home for City and Rovers. Remember how the Memorial Ground was acquired "on the cheap"? You will also note that City were bought cheap too. The stadium etc is possibly segregated as a financial entity from what appears to be the football club (team, staff, players). In short, the club could conceivably fold while it's possible the ground/stadia could be sold to recoup the original investment, plus some! Where's the vision and drive? Have you ever seen these qualities in a bank manager or financial services worker?

Guest GingerPeacock

If you study who a certain BCFC director is in bed with when combining soccer and private business interests (stadia etc) you will reveal some like minded individuals, possibly including former owners of the old Eastville complex. For instance, a group who are co-directors in the hope that one day they may join hands over a new venture with a new stadium on the outskirts of Bristol- possibly a joint home for City and Rovers. Remember how the Memorial Ground was acquired "on the cheap"? You will also note that City were bought cheap too. The stadium etc is possibly segregated as a financial entity from what appears to be the football club (team, staff, players). In short, the club could conceivably fold while it's possible the ground/stadia could be sold to recoup the original investment, plus some! Where's the vision and drive? Have you ever seen these qualities in a bank manager or financial services worker?

Archived