IGNORED

Doherty, Dinning, Goodfellow, Roberts, Miller

kit

Who wanted to see them leave. I think with all of them there were a lot of people that were voicing their opinions that they wanted them out.

I could see the quality that all these players had and didn't want them to leave.

Miller is better than Brooker. Dinning and Doherty are what our midfield desperately needs.

Goodfellow and Roberts are better wingers than any we have at the club.

Heywood and partridge isn't much of a better pairing than Butler and Coles.

There are a lot of people who wanted to see all these players leave, but at the time I didn't understand it. At least with coles and Butler we have replaced them with quality. I think a lot of questions should be asked of why all our midfield players have been let go of and not replaced with better ones.

I could see that our midfield was going to be weak, but there were very few disserning voices about the sales of Doherty and Dinning. I expect even now given a choice people wouldn't take either of them back saying that they were wasters etc. I think it is disgraceful what has been allowed to happen to BCFC.

Guest routabout

I'm sorry, I was happily reading along, minding my own business. Then my eyes were attacked by this:

Miller is better than Brooker

Then I realised that there was little point reading any further, I'll tell you something, right?

If Steve Brooker went to play in Scotland, he'd be some kind of demi-god, in comparison to Miller. Don't get me wrong, I liked Miller and will admit that he has some nice touches and an eye for goal at times, but he isn't up to Brooker. Period.

Being an apparently good player in Scotland, is like being one of the hardest kids in the junior school.

Who wanted to see them leave. I think with all of them there were a lot of people that were voicing their opinions that they wanted them out.

I could see the quality that all these players had and didn't want them to leave.

Miller is better than Brooker. Dinning and Doherty are what our midfield desperately needs.

Goodfellow and Roberts are better wingers than any we have at the club.

Heywood and partridge isn't much of a better pairing than Butler and Coles.

There are a lot of people who wanted to see all these players leave, but at the time I didn't understand it. At least with coles and Butler we have replaced them with quality. I think a lot of questions should be asked of why all our midfield  players have been let go of and not replaced with better ones.

I could see that our midfield was going to be weak, but there were very few disserning voices about the sales of Doherty and Dinning. I expect even now given a choice people wouldn't take either of them back saying that they were wasters etc. I think it is disgraceful what has been allowed to happen to BCFC.

I think at the time we trusted Tinnion's judgement but he let us down badly.

I'm sorry, I was happily reading along, minding my own business. Then my eyes were attacked by this:

Then I realised that there was little point reading any further, I'll tell you something, right?

If Steve Brooker went to play in Scotland, he'd be some kind of demi-god, in comparison to Miller. Don't get me wrong, I liked Miller and will admit that he has some nice touches and an eye for goal at times, but he isn't up to Brooker. Period.

Being an apparently good player in Scotland, is like being one of the hardest kids in the junior school.

laugh.gif

Funny and well said, Brooker is twice the player of Miller, and Miller aint a bad player.

Doherty - he had to go

Dinning - should have stayed, he was made a scapegoat

Goodfellow - we never used him enough to know

Roberts - did OK, if Murray was younger they'd be lethal

Miller - had his chance and flopped, we should be grateful for the money we received for him

Miller didn't flop. He was 20 in our play-off final season, and I thought that he should have been our first choice striker all season, he played well for the whole of it, during our 11 match run he was superb and led the line brilliantly his work rate and general play was great. He scored about 10 goals which was an ok return.

Under Tinnion he was given about 4 starts and shown the door. Two of those games were in cup games where he rested most of the first teamers. He goes on loan to Hearts and then has a long list of SPL teams fighting for his signature. Yet there was never a chance that Tinnion would give him a chance this season.

I think this Division is Steve Brookers level and he is good in this Division, but Miller is already of a higher pedigree and probably will go on to play at a much higher level than Brooker ever will.

Brooker only fits in to long ball teams style of play. He has very little creativity in him.

Miller better than Brooker?

Why?

Miller, no disresect is doing it and has done it in Scotland, but he never cut it here!

I'll agree he wasn't given the full chance he may have deserved but the people who managed or club. and there was 2 didn't rate him.

so we have to stand by those 2 men end say, Thank you Lee, but no thanks!

Wish him all the best at wahatever non league side he's at though! city.gif

Miller didn't flop. He was 20 in our play-off final season,

Brooker only fits in to long ball teams style of play. He has very little creativity in him.

First off, Leroy was only 19 last season he got more then Millers pittiful goal return did he not? And this was in a season where we finished very much lower then when Miller had his 30 + starts,

Second, you say Steve Brooker onl fits into a long ball system? Ermm what system do we tend to play week in week out?

This is League one mate not Scotland=where a player of conference standard can waltz past Aberdeen or whoever.

Miller is not too lightweight, he won a lot of free kicks for us. And won his fair share of headers. And worked back a lot better than Brooker does.

I think people underestimate the satndard of Scottish football a lot, cos from what I have seen of it, it is a much better standard than what we play in. It is a lot closer to the championship than this division is.

There is no need for City to play long ball. We don't really have any other players for that style of football in the midfield or attack. You don't have to play long ball football to get out of this division, all you need to do is be able to deal with.

Brooker is a good player at this level, Miller is a better player.

Dinning and Doherty are the biggest losses. Because now we have no class in the midfield. Plus the loss of Roberts and Goodfellow means we have no pace and decent crosses on the wings.

Miller is not too lightweight, he won a lot of free kicks for us. And won his fair share of headers. And worked back a lot better than Brooker does.

I think people underestimate the satndard of Scottish football a lot, cos from what I have seen of it, it is a much better standard than what we play in. It is a lot closer to the championship than this division is.

There is no need for City to play long ball. We don't really have any other players for that style of football in the midfield or attack. You don't have to play long ball football to get out of this division, all you need to do is be able to deal with.

Brooker is a good player at this level, Miller is a better player.

Dinning and Doherty are the biggest losses. Because now we have no class in the midfield. Plus the loss of Roberts and Goodfellow means we have no pace and decent crosses on the wings.

I'm sorry but this post is so unbelivable that i feel you must be being sarcastic?

I'm sorry but this post is so unbelivable that i feel you must be being sarcastic?

I have to agree with you there mate!

Miller better than Brooker my arse!

Dinning was more of a p head than me and I been on the glider all night!

Goody done his job!

Doc still owes me 40 fags!

Point to a player that is capable of dictating a midfield in our current squad. Dinning and Doherty both do this, yet both were allowed to leave before an adequate replacement was found.

Both players had flaws, but they are better than what we have now.

I didn't want to see either go because I thought that they were both quality footballers.

Like-wise I didn't want to see Miller go because he was a quality player.

Point to a player that is capable of dictating a midfield in our current squad. Dinning and Doherty both do this, yet both were allowed to leave before an adequate replacement was found.

Both players had flaws, but they are better than what we have now.

I didn't want to see either go because I thought that they were both quality footballers.

Like-wise I didn't want to see Miller go because he was a quality player.

Sorry, but did you go to the Gate for our only win this season???

Dinning must of been the only player out of the 22+ that played that still had a gleaming perfect condition shirt on come the end of the match.

I was watching him and remember seeing him break out into a run just twice the entire match. Both for corners where it looked like he was running away from the ball.

Every time he did get it, he played it square instantly, like he didnt want to touch the ball, he was pathetic like sooo many games for us the previous season.

As for Miller, I don't think we did play many long ball strategies wheb Danny was here, yet Miller still was poor only managing 11 goals, he really had nothing to his game here, sorry, but anyone imo saying otherwise need to actually watch him.

How you can honestly say Miller is better then Brooker beggers belief, when last season in one of our poorest season's in league one so far since we been down, Brooker managed to score 15 goals for us, and that being overshadowed by a wonder kid. How can in your eyes be worse then Miller is truly unreal, and the only explanation i can see for you thinking that way is Miller rose tinted specs.

just to say that you are basing your comparison having only seen Brooker playing in England.

The fact that Miller learnt his trade in Scotland without a doubt must mean that he will fit better into scottish football. You may come back and say scottish football is bad.....but it isn't at all and in fact at the top is a very high standard and to back up that point you just have to look at the proven players in the prem that have gone across the border.

It would be a fair and interesting comparison if we saw how Brooker got on in Scotland.

I thought Miller was an extremely talented player and is a totally different styled player to Brooker who is also a top striker.

Guest Tactical Genius
Miller didn't flop.....during our 11 match run he was superb and led the line brilliantly his work rate and general play was great.

You must be thinking of a different 11 match run. During our best spell of the season he managed only 1 goal, and was more often than not substituted for Lita halfway through the second half.

You must be thinking of a different 11 match run. During our best spell of the season he managed only 1 goal, and was more often than not substituted for Lita halfway through the second half.

Two goals actually. But he was subbed more often than not.

Stockport H - Miller 79mins 0 goals

Brentford A - Miller 73mins 0 goals

Bournemouth H - Miller 90mins 0 goals

Notts County A - Miller 71mins 0 goals

Chesterfield H - Miller 66mins 0 goals

Hartlepool A - Miller 90mins 0 goals

Colchester H - Miller 65mins 0 goals

Brentford H - Miller 68mins 1 goal

Peterborough A - Miller 57mins 0 goals

Grimsby A - Miller 78mins 1 goal

Wrexham H - Miller 69mins 0 goals

During that 11 match run our two strikers ran defences raggid from what I remember, I only missed one game during that run. Then they came off for a pacey striker if we weren't already winning who was playing a gainst a knackered defense, like goodfellow or lita and they could grab a winner or cut open holes in an already tired defence.

Miller was playing at a very high leel during that period and was showing a lot of class.

Amankwaah is another player I forgot about and didn't want to see leave, right now he would probably be our best Rb Rwb and Rw. Why keep him instead of keeping Jamie Smith.

Hill Anyinsah and Lita were 3 players that we didn't let go, but if we had got off to a decent start Matt Hill may not have left, he still probably would have though. But there is a lot more chance we could have kept hold of Lita and Anyinsah if we'd had a decent manager.

Out of those I'd have kept Miller, Goodfellow and Roberts. Could've done with all three of them tonight in my humble opinion.

I'd go along with those 3.

Skill, pace and players with the ability to dribble with the ball.

My last memory of Roberts in a City shirt was skinning the Everton full back to set up Lita's goal and then putting pressure on the defender for the equalising goal.

Rivetting game and sustained, exciting, attacking play from City.

Often the case when Roberts was involved, rarely the case since. sad.gif

Guest black n white forever

if its any consolation guys n gals dinning had a SHOCKER for us on saturday against colchester(have they beaten you yet this seson?) ,having said that he has looked good in all the other games! shame about brooker being injured,when he was injured for us it made a HUGE difference and suddenly average players were shown up for what they really were chant6ez.gif

Guest routabout
if its any consolation guys n gals dinning had a SHOCKER for us on saturday against colchester(have they beaten you yet this seson?)  ,having said that he has looked good in all the other games! shame about brooker being injured,when he was injured for us it made a HUGE difference and suddenly average players were shown up for what they really were chant6ez.gif

Yup, methinks Brooker is our best signing of recent years. I really like the bloke. Good honest, no nonsense player.

Archived