IGNORED

Millen Muppet Quote

Cardy

'I asked the lads at the break whether they thought they could win it'

For gods sake. What does he mean, he asked them ?? Did he not know himself ??

What if they had said 'No gaffer we can't win because we are crap' .........

Mind you they would have been right.

Why put the boot-in when the chips are down.What is he meant to do or say to deflect your criticism.Analysing his comments really is pretty irrelevant at this particular juncture.Recognise that the guy(even if you dislike him) is caught up in an invidious position at this time.

Why put the boot-in when the chips are down.What is he meant to do or say to deflect your criticism.Analysing his comments really is pretty irrelevant at this particular juncture.Recognise that the guy(even if you dislike him) is caught up in an invidious position at this time.

Asking the players if they thought they could win it shows pretty poor motivational ability. He should be TELLING them they are GOING to win it, and then demonstrating with concise tactical changes exactly how it's going to happen.

Asking the players if they thought they could win it shows pretty poor motivational ability. He should be TELLING them they are GOING to win it, and then demonstrating with concise tactical changes exactly how it's going to happen.

I disagree with this completely... Telling someone they are going to do something or letting them make that commitment themselves is a different thing and I think it was a good way to approach the situation...

And what is the point of nitpicking and slating every thing that Millen says? We know he's not the long term boss and he's doing his best in a very, very difficult situation...

I was all for Brian Tinnion going but for logical reasons not immature 'hating' for the sake of it...

PS. Do agree with the concise tactical decisions bit though... Bridges for Gillespie?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Where have you got "hating for the sake of it"? I'm criticising his approach to a half-time teamtalk because I don't think his choice of words is going to motivate any players.

Some people on this board are so simple they think that everything is either black or white, and there is no grey area. It's not possible for me to make a negative comment without being a "Millen hater".

Where have you got "hating for the sake of it"? I'm criticising his approach to a half-time teamtalk because I don't think his choice of words is going to motivate any players.

Some people on this board are so simple they think that everything is either black or white, and there is no grey area. It's not possible for me to make a negative comment without being a "Millen hater".

That was aimed at the original post from Cardy Gaz so apologies (I added the PS. Agreeing with you bit for you!!)

Still disagree with you on Millens comments though...

Archived