IGNORED

Laycock Is On Holiday

headhunter

I met Messrs. Lansdown, Dawes and Sexstone at the East Midlands Hilton before tonights game as they emerged from an interview with one of the managerial candidates [i won't say who out of respect for confidentiality].

They were a little surprised to see me and a pal as we had stopped off at the hotel for a beer and sandwich and were sat in reception .

Polite conversation was held and the fact of the matter is that Laycock has been on holiday and pretty much out of contact because of the remoteness of the location. He is back now and will be taking a full part in the interview process.

Incidentally, Cyrille Regis was also having a beer in the hotel reception area - did you know he is the agent for Dave Cotterill and Scot Golbourne ?

As for the game .... good opening spell [sort of ] and a fine goal from Gilly thereafter very dire ; Forest took their foot off the gas after the 3rd goal.

Very poor tonight : Grant Smith, Cole Skuse, Scot Murray, Luke Wilkshire, Marcus Stewart !!

Guest routabout

Now here is a pretty decent example of ONE major problem we face. I'm not saying it's different at any other club, nor am I siding with yourself or anybody else. I have no idea whether your post is the truth or if the user alandicks' version is the one.

BUT, one of them isn't true and that's the problem. It's all this rumour, counter-rumour and the ensuing 'debates' that is serving to divide the fans, amongst the REAL problems that are everything to do with the football.

Somewhere, there's people who either have a psychological problem which can only be handled by them making up utter untruths, people who want to start the rumours to try to bring them about as fact, believing that they are doing the right thing, or it's outsiders feeding this crap into the fanbase to sabotage us further. Sorry, that's an almost unbearably long sentence. See? My grammar's crap, I told you! wink.gif

Ideally we should have a moderator or moderators, from within the club probably, who can go onto the forums and delete the false threads and warn offenders. Okay this might also encourage the removal of other posts that the club don't like, but that happens anyway, so it would be no major change.

Now here is a pretty decent example of ONE major problem we face. I'm not saying it's different at any other club, nor am I siding with yourself or anybody else. I have no idea whether your post is the truth or if the user alandicks' version is the one.

BUT, one of them isn't true and that's the problem. It's all this rumour, counter-rumour and the ensuing 'debates' that is serving to divide the fans, amongst the REAL problems that are everything to do with the football.

Somewhere, there's people who either have a psychological problem which can only be handled by them making up utter untruths, people who want to start the rumours to try to bring them about as fact, believing that they are doing the right thing, or it's outsiders feeding this crap into the fanbase to sabotage us further. Sorry, that's an almost unbearably long sentence. See? My grammar's crap, I told you! wink.gif

Ideally we should have a moderator or moderators, from within the club probably, who can go onto the forums and delete the false threads and warn offenders. Okay this might also encourage the removal of other posts that the club don't like, but that happens anyway, so it would be no major change.

My post is 100% true - I'm 49 years old and have got better things to do than go around spreading untruths !!

I met Messrs. Lansdown, Dawes and Sexstone at the East Midlands Hilton before tonights game as they emerged from an interview with one of the managerial candidates [i won't say who out of respect for confidentiality].

They were a little surprised to see me and a pal as we had stopped off at the hotel for a beer and sandwich and were sat in reception .

Polite conversation was held and the fact of the matter is that Laycock has been on holiday and pretty much out of contact because of the remoteness of the location. He is back now and will be taking a full part in the interview process.

Incidentally, Cyrille Regis was also having a beer in the hotel reception area - did you know he is the agent for Dave Cotterill and Scot Golbourne ?

As for the game .... good opening spell [sort of ] and a fine goal from Gilly thereafter very dire ; Forest took their foot off the gas after the 3rd goal.

Very poor tonight : Grant Smith, Cole Skuse, Scot Murray, Luke Wilkshire, Marcus Stewart !!

And how was Lennie? Well, I trust.

Ha! banghead.gif

• SC&T Board Members

If you read Headhunter's post properly, you'll see that he was clearly fed the 'company line' as it stood at 6pm last night, i.e. "Laycock on hols, will be fully involved from now on".

Whether or not JL had informed SL of his decision to stand down by that point, it is clear that messrs Dawe, Lansdown and Sexstone would use this line to any member of the public prior to an official announcement being made.

Clearly, therefore, Headhunter's post was correct as it stood, but has since been overtaken by events.

PS, Headhunter ... why do you think JL has gone??

Guest routabout
My post is 100% true - I'm 49 years old and have got better things to do than go around spreading untruths !!

Calm down dear. If you read my post properly, you will realise that I actually said I wasn't siding with anybody or preferring either version in any way.

If you read Headhunter's post properly, you'll see that he was clearly fed the 'company line' as it stood at 6pm last night, i.e. "Laycock on hols, will be fully involved from now on".

Whether or not JL had informed SL of his decision to stand down by that point, it is clear that messrs Dawe, Lansdown and Sexstone would use this line to any member of the public prior to an official announcement being made.

Clearly, therefore, Headhunter's post was correct as it stood, but has since been overtaken by events.

PS, Headhunter ... why do you think JL has gone??

Thank you Blagdon Red - egg on face comes to mind with my statement on JL but this is what actually happened.

On seeing who it was they had been interviewing I said to SL & Dawes "he's got the job then" to which I was told that it was Dawes first meeting with him and nothing was cut and dried.

They then went on to say that Lacock had been away for 2 weeks with his phone off [unbelievably, apparently uncontactable] and nothing could be decided until he was back [yesterday AM ? but not at game]

I honestly believe at 6.30 PM last night they did not know he had actually resigned.

Was it leaked last night to the press by someone with JL connections ?

I didn't even mention Lacock - they brought his name into the conversation

On seeing who it was they had been interviewing I said to SL & Dawes "he's got the job then" to which I was told that it was Dawes first meeting with him and nothing was cut and dried.

Keith Dawe has never met Lennie Lawrence before? Blimey.

Thank you Blagdon Red - egg on face comes to mind with my statement on JL but this is what actually happened.

They then went on to say that Lacock had been away for 2 weeks with his phone off [unbelievably, apparently uncontactable] and nothing could be decided until he was back [yesterday AM ? but not at game]

I honestly believe at 6.30 PM last night they did not know he had actually resigned.

Was it leaked last night to the press by someone with JL connections ?

I didn't even mention Lacock - they brought his name into the conversation

fair play headhunter and what you say sounds 100% true, one point is that laycock would not be the first person to go on holiday and leave their phone off the hook. everyone needs a break.

What would be intersting is if Laycock was a Tinman backer or not at the start.

Guest routabout
fair play headhunter and what you say sounds 100% true, one point is that laycock would not be the first person to go on holiday and leave their phone off the hook. everyone needs a break.

What would be intersting is if Laycock was a Tinman backer or not at the start.

See, now personally, I think it would be a very poor show, for a director of a football club in crisis, to go on holiday and make himself not available for discussion. It's not like somebody on PAYE going on holiday. This is somebody who obviously feels that they should be an integral part of the decision making process. What's the score here? I'm on holiday, so the club should remain in stasis, until I return.

See, now personally, I think it would be a very poor show, for a director of a football club in crisis, to go on holiday and make himself not available for discussion. It's not like somebody on PAYE going on holiday. This is somebody who obviously feels that they should be an integral part of the decision making process. What's the score here? I'm on holiday, so the club should remain in stasis, until I return.

Did Laycock possibly go on holiday specifically to consider his role in the boardroom, or was it coincidence that he was away? Who knows?

Guest routabout
Did Laycock possibly go on holiday specifically to consider his role in the boardroom, or was it coincidence that he was away? Who knows?

I quite like my theory that Laycock had the delusion that nothing major could happen whilst he was out of contact, as it would need his input. Personally, with his timing and his reaction upon his return, I reckon he thought that his holiday might buy Tinman some more time to weather the storm and turn things around. If this theory is correct, then it has backfired on him in quite spectacular fashion, hence his dummy chucking display.

Why would Laycock have considered City to be a 'club in crisis' at that time?

Admittedly, the football was very poor and not getting any better, but from his point of view, we had played 6 games and had gained 6 points - no cause for panic in his opinion. He was obviously pro-Tinnion and must have assumed that Lansdown was generally happy with the way things were too?

And I would have thought that there would have been some contact between Laycock and Lansdown immediately post-Swansea. That was not a blip nor a run-of-the-mill result. If there was contact between the two of them between the Swansea game and Tinnion's departure then Lansdown has acted in a shoddy fashion.

I feel you're being a little harsh on Laycock.

I quite like my theory that Laycock had the delusion that nothing major could happen whilst he was out of contact, as it would need his input. Personally, with his timing and his reaction upon his return, I reckon he thought that his holiday might buy Tinman some more time to weather the storm and turn things around. If this theory is correct, then it has backfired on him in quite spectacular fashion, hence his dummy chucking display.

I think you'll find my theory that he had a mid-life crisis and turned to hedonistic partying may in fact come to light as the truth! smile.gif

Lovely goal Giuly, 1-0 barca

Archived