IGNORED

We Need To Be Patient

Guest Cherrypie

Guest Cherrypie

The appointment of the next manager is probably the single most important event in the clubs recent history. I firmly believe that if we appoint the wrong man, with the current squad that we have, there is a good chance that we could end up playing football in Division Two next season. We are a team in freefall. We have senior players who returned to this club as "short term fixes" and have failed to recapture their previous form. We have ageing ex premiership players who are probably earning a significant percentage of our weekly wage bills who don't look fit and one especially who still has to prove he can last two games on the trot let alone a whole season fighting relegation. We have a new central defence which needs time to settle down and we have a midfield that is young and inexperienced.

What we don't need is fans turning on each other or failing to get behind the team when it needs it most. If you decide to support the team then channel all your anger and frustration into making us the loudest and proudest fans in this division.

To Mr Lansdown; this team needs organising, motivating and self-belief. It needs to look at its manager and respect him for his experience and his football knowledge. The players I mentioned above are not bad players, they are probably the best quality squad in this division but at the moment they don't believe that.

The appointment of the next manager will show us whether the board has the same belief. I for one am sick and tired of hearing us spoken of as a "sleeping giant" or "potential premiership club". I hope that the Board has the same ambition as I do.

Archived