IGNORED

Come On Scott

ali

Here here!

I really believe a lot of our current problems can be traced back to 1998, the way our summer signings were made and the events leading up to John Ward's departure.  We've been playing catch up ever since then.

At what point does it cease to be SD's fault? Is there a set number of years? Was he responsible for our inept display in Cardiff and thence the appointment of a rookie manager with useless man management skills and the destruction of a promotion challenging squad?............ I thought so.

At what point does it cease to be SD's fault? Is there a set number of years? Was he responsible for our inept display in Cardiff and thence the appointment of a rookie manager with useless man management skills and the destruction of a promotion challenging squad?............ I thought so.

Large, weel said point

In the name of Bristol City, we need everyone on board, especially those who love the club, and also have money to invest in it.

Didn't Scott have issues with Archie Gooch, and Laycock ?

If so, neither are no longer involved, or on the board, so we desperately need some outside influence to come in and get involved.

There must be someone out there? dunno.gif

Personaly I'd welcome Scott back with open arms, as he has more zest and hunger for City than anyone else I know of, in that envelope.

Whatever happens, we need serious investors, if we are ever going to rise above the shambolic, and embarrassing joke Bristol City has become.

I sometimes wonder if there is a conspiracy, to drive both Bristol clubs into oblivion, leaving the way open for a merger. disapointed2se.gif

Lets hope not.

I also think it'd take the combined efforts of Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger, to salvage anything from this season, with our squad! crying.gif

Whatever happens, we need serious investors, if we are ever going to rise above the shambolic, and embarrassing joke Bristol City has become.

I fear that the joke is going to get a lot bigger, a lot more shambolic and a lot more painful before it gets any better.

Then again, I am a doom merchant who figured 7th at best this season. So what do I know?

In the name of Bristol City, we need everyone on board, especially those who love the club, and also have money to invest in it.

Didn't Scott have issues with Archie Gooch, and Laycock ?

If so, neither are no longer involved, or on the board, so we desperately need some outside influence to come in and get involved.

There must be someone out there? dunno.gif

Personaly I'd welcome Scott back with open arms, as he has more zest and hunger for City than anyone else I know of, in that envelope.

I sometimes wonder if there is a conspiracy, to drive both Bristol clubs into oblivion, leaving the way open for a merger. disapointed2se.gif

Lets hope not. 

I also think it'd take the combined efforts of Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger, to salvage anything from this season, with our squad! crying.gif

Rumour has it there were issues when Pulis was appointed i.e. Archie Gooch saying he would pull his funding out if Pulis were not appointed, allegedly.

So we had to turn down Peter Taylor and David Moyes, then shortly after, Scott walked.

As you rightly say, we should welcome back with open arms anybody who has the clubs best interest at heart.

city.gif

Lets hope not. 

We certainly do need serious investors, but I think the only way that is going to happen (in a major way) is if there IS only one professional club in Bristol. I cant see top flight football happening here with the current situation so I'm more comfortable with a merger or whatever it would be called, than most on here. I'd prefer this not to be the case but I would like to see big games here on a regular basis and no more fannying around in these $hite divisions. Ive always been against this idea until recently.

dance.gif Davidson that is, the time is right, come on you know you want to

Scott is for sure wanted back, and at boardroom level. With the passing on of A Gooch and the resigning of JL , i cant see any reason for the two left (SL KW) not to invite him back. don't forget Scott was a BRISTOL CITY terrace lad, following our boys home and away for many years, long before his business skills took him to the dizzy hieghts of becoming our chairman.

What Scott has in abundunce his enthusiasum, and how he can communicate with the fans. This sadly lacking the last few seasons. I know that don't win matches , but us fans are low, i mean low, his churrpyness might get us smiling again. Will he come or not, i don't know, but we do want you back SCOTT so please consider it. praying smiley.gif

dance.gif Davidson that is, the time is right, come on you know you want to

I think we may well see a takeover attempt in the next month or so.

Unlike some, I have no sources at the club but from looking at the circumstances around Laycock's departure, I'd say it's almost certain to happen.

JL has left the board, but crucially has retained his 15% stake in the club. Why have such a large stake without an influence at boardroom level?

Could Laycock be assembling troops to come back with a new board in the coming months? Just a thought....

Guest routabout

Well, whatever is or isn't going to happen, I hope that those involved hurry up about it and let us get back to trying to be a football club again. At the moment we ar a shambles all round and we need some stability, fast.

For everybody to know where they stand would be just great!

Archived