IGNORED

Forest V City

Bristol Boy

Bit Busy at the moment.

I was there sad.gifcrying.gif

Will do this later on smile.gif

Times now available so thanks to the power of the Edit Button, it's not much later on!

Millen showed why he should be leaving before Saturday preferably and I'll pick & manage the team because I'd do a far better job and absolutely no worse, on my worst day blind drunk and full of mind bending drugs.

We are bereft of a pass, corner or shot.How we can practice all week and be that bad, baffles me.

Heywood looks like he doesn't fancy away games and the words, Sean Dyche, keep passing through my mind for some reason mad.gif

Defensively we're a shambles and the midfield is transparent.

We didn't hump it as much as usual but our combination of backwards & sideways passing was totally ineffective.

We have no pace, penetration, height,width or goal threat.

It's a team you'd pick to play against, every week.

Phillips 6/10 Wouldn't fault him for the three goals and Peter Shilton would be a nervous wreck behind that lot.

Smith 4/10 Another penalty conceeded, if that one was dodgy, the incident before wasn't and I've really had enough of this bloke, because, as a captain, he'd be better off on the titanic.Not interested, on the list.

Woodman 7/10 Defended well individually and tried to get forward.Passed well and ven had a shot.Worth persevering with and our best left back.

Keogh 6/10 Some errors and some very good stuff in a disorganised defence.I would persist with him but in a three.

Partridge 7/10 Better again, but was ball watching as Forest played through us for the second goal.

Murray 3/10 No pace, power or confidence.Low work rate.On the list and replaced as Club Captain.

Skuse 5/10 No use in a two man central midfield.Doesn't get forward, can't shoot and the long range passing's off.Works hard and gets about but to what purpose?

Brown 5/10 Passing radar was off and no shots.Moved to the left he was more involved but has no left foot and can't play there, so why did we move him??

Smith 5/10 Not a wide player and looks it.No worse that Skuse or Brown but then, they were poor.

Stewart 5/10 Once nice reverse ball to set up Gillespie's goal and we did try to play it to feet but 30 yards out with his back to goal isn't where we want him, is it.

Gillespie 6/10 Good goal and looked lively in the first half.Service is a massive issue and our servcie to the front men is abysmall.

Cotterill 5/10 Lots of promise and fancy tricks but no end product.

Wilkshire 5/10 Made no difference.

Bridges 5/10 One excellent cross across the six yard box and..............nobody was there to tap it in!

I'll post a team for Saturday that would compete, assuming Brooker & Heywood are back and another if they're not.

I hope Millen reads it and gives it a whirl because, based on last night, if we don't change, we're relegated.

It's not hindsight because I said it before the game, on here.

Simple as that. mad.gif

Quite agreed with those ratings!

I couldnt believe our defense.. one point to players went for the header and missed, thank god for steve phillips!

They tried the same 1-2 passing move 3 or 4 times and it worked everytime.. even after they scored from it.!

maybe we have set too high expections of them this season?

I'll post a team for Saturday that would compete, assuming Brooker & Heywood are back and another if they're not.

I hope Millen reads it and gives it a whirl because, based on last night, if we don't change, we're relegated.

It's not hindsight because I said it before the game, on here.

Simple as that. mad.gif

With all due respect I would hope the last thing our UEFA qualified coach will do is go searching internet message boards for inspiration or potential starting line ups.

Perhaps a better use of his time would be to give Graham Taylor a quick call and ask him for some advice.

Once again an excellent review, by your comments I almost feel I was there! (Thankfully I wasn't but listened on the radio.)

I think you are fair and constructive with your points. I'd like the players & manager to have a read. It might be a good thing if the manager adopted a similar review of his own after each match, but he'd only cut & paste yours or not be brave enough to say what needs to be said.

What's acceptable as the norm now certainly isn't. I'd say they were in the comfort zone, except it can't be very comfortable, or shouldn't be. Somehow I can only see similar against Brentford.

Millen is in a strange situation, he says he doesn't want the job but wants to stay with the club. Treading water. Hopefully it will be sorted soon and we can move forward. These are dark days in the clubs history.

Nice post Bristol Boy,

I was there last night and why is Murray playing when you have the likes of Cotterill sat on the bench.

I hope for gods sake Millen reads these posts and gets the message.

My next point is why was Gillespie taken off any clues???? it should have been Stewart??

My team for Saturday against Brentford taking into account Brooker, Heywood & Careyare still out would be.

Phillips

Smith Keogh Partridge Goldbourne

Cotterill Skuse Brown Wilkshire

Bridges Gillespie

Subs

Stewart

Madjo

Woodman

Harley

Smith G

With all due respect I would hope the last thing our UEFA qualified coach will do is go searching internet message boards for inspiration or potential starting line ups.

Perhaps a better use of his time would be to give Graham Taylor a quick call and ask him for some advice.

Well you know what Mr Taylor would say......... just get em to hump it up there Keith laugh.gif

To say Wilkshire made no difference is a little harsh. He constantly looked to make the right passes, but Gilly had been taken off before he arrived so there was no-one to run on to them.

He was reduced to taking potshots of his own, or battling to keep possession because the statues around him weren't available to receive the ball.

Look at other threads, even the Forest fans couldn't understand why he didn't start.

It's all the more confusing because Millens stated aim was to bring in the experienced pros. How can he not count in that list?

TY BB, and again the use of substitutions was mind bogling. ie, Gilly off, and Orr not used after playing well on Saturday. He is playing at right back against Rovers reserves, so hope thats a sign.

If Brooker/Heywood are still not fit, and Murray/Carey drive to Bournemouth by mistake[ oh please God ], the following 3-5-2.

Phillips

Orr-Partridge-Keogh.

Cotterill-Wilkshire-Brown-Smith-Woodman

Stewart-Gillespie.

Heywood/Brooker in for Keogh/Stewart if fit

For me it was

Phillips As always great shot stopper would have 3/4 by half time otherwise

Smith Gave away another pen , very average

Woodman Poor allround game

Heywood Battled well against some very good front men

Keogh Good considering the standard of opponent

G Smith Anonomous match

Skuse Some pretty touches but too ineffective for me

Brown Good workrate as always, but little else

Murray Poor distribution, lucky to be in the side

Stewart Did little apart from setting up the goal

Gillespe Ran the channels well, excellent finish

Bridges Flatters to deceive some nice touches but no threat

Wilkshire Well involved postitive sub display start v Bees

Overall yep we played some pretty stuff at times, but it got nowhere, Forest won comfortably and looked a dangerous side, their problem will be against big tough direct teams not nicey nice outfits like us.

The new boss (Sean O'Driscoll , Wise, Bassett and Lawrence with Martin Allen an outsider were rumoured last night) needs to bring in a left back maybe a left winger a hard guy for midfield and a pacy striker in my opinion. Neither promotion or relegation should be ruled out simply because it is Sept, 3 points for a win and anything can happen yet.

Well as long as  he asks someone, I don't give a toss mate.The point being he can't pick his nose never mind a team

Perhaps a better use of his time would be looking at the players we have, the last four results and doing something sensible.

When I say I could do better, I'm deadly serious.

Accurate review

I personally wouldn't give Keogh or Woody such high marks.

Far too many one two's through our fragile defence.

Team for Saturday

Phillips

Carey        Heywood      Partridge      Golbourne

Cotterill        Wilkshire      Brown          Smith

Gillespie

Christ, that's what I call confidence we're going to Brentford with ten biggrin.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

To say Wilkshire made no difference is a little harsh. He constantly looked to make the right passes, but Gilly had been taken off before he arrived so there was no-one to run on to them.

He was reduced to taking potshots of his own, or battling to keep possession because the statues around him weren't available to receive the ball.

Look at other threads, even the Forest fans couldn't understand why he didn't start.

It's all the more confusing because Millens stated aim was to bring in the experienced pros. How can he not count in that list?

Our passing was square or backwards and LW was as guilty of that as anyone else.Millen hasn't got a clue and is lifeless on the touchline.

As I said, no penetration and what I didn't say is that our movement was non existent.

When players did move, our midfield could find them with a pass sad.gif

Accurate review

Problem was no tackling or proper tracking back from midfielders and Murray.That left the defence exposed and they had to deal with runners AND the striker.In fairness, it's the first time Partridge & Keogh have partnered each other in a flat back four and they did improve as the night wore on.

My Team for Sat, having read review & listened on radio;

GK - Phillips

RB - Orr

CB - Heywood/Keogh

CB - Partridge

LB - Woodman

RM - Grubb (Played well at Hereford)

CM - Smith

CM - Wilkshire

LM - Williams (Also played well at Hereford)

FC - Bridges

FC - Gillespie

Perfect smile.gif

Accurate review

I personally wouldn't give Keogh or Woody such high marks.

Team for Saturday

Phillips

Carey        Heywood      Partridge      Golbourne

Cotterill        Wilkshire      Brown          Smith

Gillespie

we cant even win with 11 how you can expect we will win with 10 i don't know laugh.gif

Archived