IGNORED

Now The Board Are Divided

Bristol Boy

It's almost amazing that the club has moved from excitement, even euphoria from some, in August, to utter despair & crisis in the space of around a month.

John Laycocks' resignation could mean two things:

He wants to oust the current Chairman and is preparing a takeover bid, with others, probably.

OR

He is just cheesed off and wants out.

It wouldn't surprise me if a takover did come and the whole Board left us in new ownership because I can't honestly think that any of them want to stay on in the present circumstances.

The usual, "Scott Davidson's got £6m and he's coming back," rumours have resurfaced, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Fan are arguing and almost fighting amongst themselves and persistent rumours regarding brawling players & fans on the waterfront, also persist.

The whole club seems to be in turmoil and you have to ask why anyone would want to come here unless they're out of work.

Gates are falling, down by almost 40% from the opening game of the season and the fans confidence is even lower than the players.

I'd have never believed it possible disapointed2se.gif

theres only two left and they got 60% shares between them. they would have to be bought out first and only if they wanted to sell and take all the loans back. we are talking russian investers here ?

I think that if they could get there money back AND be released from their guarantees tomorrow, they'd bite your arm off.

I think that if they could get there money back AND be released from their guarantees tomorrow, they'd bite your arm off.

its proof that that there is no real love of the club by these people because they never really lose out financially like we do, they get back their money in the end, well unless we go bust.they like the club but its just business.

its proof that that there is no real love of the club by these people because they never really lose out financially like we do, they get back their money in the end, well unless we go bust.they like the club but its just business.

Sorry, not fair. I do not accept that SL isn't fairly substantially down in the pocket because he got involved with City, we NEVER make a profit but the club still exists - why ? (Bank loans secured against premises and property sure, but it has to be guaranteed etc.)

No real love of the club? Also unfair, you have no proof of that, and in any event, in EVERY other business investors are allowed to at least dream of making profits without the need for love. Does Warren Buffet LOVE Microsoft? If Microsoft shares drop two cents does he think twice about offloading? Does ANYONE love Marks & Spencer (that one was rhetorical - answer is 'resounding No!')

It's the job of the fans to love the club, everyone else is just contracted to do their best for the remuneration they get - out current problem is that too many people in red shirts are not doing that - it's nothing to do with love, but everything to do with will, confidence and self-belief/pride.

Sorry, not fair.  I do not accept that SL isn't fairly substantially down in the pocket because he got involved with City, we NEVER make a profit but the club still exists - why ? (Bank loans secured against premises and property sure, but it has to be guaranteed etc.)

No real love of the club?  Also unfair, you have no proof of that, and in any event, in EVERY other business investors are allowed to at least dream of making profits without the need for love.  Does Warren Buffet LOVE Microsoft?  If Microsoft shares drop two cents does he think twice about offloading?  Does ANYONE love Marks & Spencer (that one was rhetorical - answer is 'resounding No!')

It's the job of the fans to love the club, everyone else is just contracted to do their best for the remuneration they get - out current problem is that too many people in red shirts are not doing that - it's nothing to do with love, but everything to do with will, confidence and self-belief/pride.

its got everything to do with love, just ask most of these boys and girls on the forum, are you a business man because business is business love is love and i have been loving this club for forty years and i loved putting my money into the club, but i cant take it back, ah never mind i still love them. anyway got to go to bed now ,as I'm just an ordinary working class fan ,on the night shift, not that i matter to the lansdown of this world, but my money is good.

Archived