IGNORED

Graham Taylor

Guest routabout

Guest routabout

The trailer to Sky One's "The Match".

In the clips and sounbites, where he caps it off with "... and seize that moment."

What an ancient cliche? I mean, where did he dig that one up, Shakespeare? Christ knows, most footballers would interpret it as "Stop that moment" and get really confused by it all.

Is that part of his managerial style? Spout a load of meaningless cliches to inspire the troops?

I've never liked the guy, mainly since his, "thank you very much, you have just cost me my job..." comment, which showed him as the self-centred gimp that he is. I would have accepted him as manager, because he has had success and has a lot of contacts, but that's about it.

The trailer to Sky One's "The Match".

In the clips and sounbites, where he caps it off with "... and seize that moment."

What an ancient cliche? I mean, where did he dig that one up, Shakespeare? Christ knows, most footballers would interpret it as "Stop that moment" and get really confused by it all.

Is that part of his managerial style? Spout a load of meaningless cliches to inspire the troops?

I've never liked the guy, mainly since his, "thank you very much, you have just cost me my job..." comment, which showed him as the self-centred gimp that he is. I would have accepted him as manager, because he has had success and has a lot of contacts, but that's about it.

Carpe Diem, old bean, Carpe Diem. Is the cinema work of hairy-handed one trick pony Robin Williams wasted on you people?

I'm sure we all say things during a match that we'd rather not be reminded of in the cold light of day.

Leave Graham alone. He's ok.

Guest routabout
Carpe Diem, old bean, Carpe Diem. Is the cinema work of hairy-handed one trick pony Robin Williams wasted on you people?

I'm sure we all say things during a match that we'd rather not be reminded of in the cold light of day.

Leave Graham alone. He's ok.

Would that be Dead Poets, to which you refer?

And could you imagine the looks on most footballers faces, if anybody started quoting Latin to them?

Archived