IGNORED

Team V Brentford

Bristol Boy

OK

One team assumes the injured players are then available, the other doesn't.

.............................................PHILLIPS............................................................

...............KEOGH....................HEYWOOD..............PARTRIDGE...........................

ORR.............BROWN...............WILKSHIRE.............SMITH............WOODMAN.......

...............................MADJO..................BROOKER..........................................

SUBS

GILLESPIE

BRIDGES

STEWART

SKUSE

COTTERILL

...........................................PHILLIPS.............................................................

..................SKUSE...............KEOGH...............PARTRIDGE..................................

ORR...........BROWN.............WILKSHIRE.........SMITH............WOODMAN...............

..............................BRIDGES................MADJO...........................................

SUBS

STEWART

GILLESPIE

HARLEY

COTTERILL

FORTUNE

OK

One team assumes the injured players are then available, the other doesn't.

.............................................PHILLIPS............................................................

...............KEOGH....................HEYWOOD..............PARTRIDGE...........................

ORR.............BROWN...............WILKSHIRE.............SMITH............WOODMAN.......

...............................MADJO..................BROOKER..........................................

SUBS

GILLESPIE

BRIDGES

STEWART

SKUSE

COTTERILL

...........................................PHILLIPS.............................................................

..................SKUSE...............KEOGH...............PARTRIDGE..................................

ORR...........BROWN.............WILKSHIRE.........SMITH............WOODMAN...............

..............................BRIDGES................MADJO...........................................

SUBS

STEWART

GILLESPIE

HARLEY

COTTERILL

FORTUNE

Like the shape of both teams, but...

I don't think many of us have seen Madjo actually play, so it would be brave perhaps even foolhardy to put him straight in, especially in the same starting line up as Brooker, but with 4 in 4 for the reserves, and described as big and strong, he definitely would be worth a shout on the bench.

I cannot believe you would have Fortune on the bench ahead of Carey.

Wilkshire doesnt do it for me, Skuse plays with more passion.

Stewart and Bridges havent performed, the answer is to for a decent manager to get the best out of them, not write them off.

With new manager my team would be:

..................KEOGH...............HEYWOOD...............PARTRIDGE..................................

ORR...........BROWN.............BRIDGES.........SKUSE............WOODMAN...............

..............................BROOKER................STEWART...........................................

SUBS

CAREY

GILLESPIE

COTTERILL

MADJO

GOLBOURNE

Before we completely throw Gillespie away, I would love to see him have the same advantage as Lita. That being to play along side Brooker. We have seen Gillespie given 2 starts with Stewart, in both cases, he has done more and looked better, yet Gillespie gets substituted.

When we start selecting players and not "names" we might get somewhere.

Like the shape of both teams, but...

I don't think many of us have seen Madjo actually play, so it would be brave perhaps even foolhardy to put him straight in, especially in the same starting line up as Brooker, but with 4 in 4 for the reserves, and described as big and strong, he definitely would be worth a shout on the bench.

We're not scoring goals and we have no strength, pace or power.Give the lad a try, especially if SB's still out.We can't do any worse than loose sad.gif

I cannot believe you would have Fortune on the bench ahead of Carey.

Close call.Team 1 Carey's injured.Team two, I think he needs a kick up the ar$$E.I've said I'd transfer list them both

Wilkshire doesnt do it for me, Skuse plays with more passion.

Better centre back and if we don't give it away we won't have to keep winning it back.LW's more likely to score as well.

Stewart and Bridges havent performed, the answer is to for a decent manager to get the best out of them, not write them off.

With new manager my team would be:

..................KEOGH...............HEYWOOD...............PARTRIDGE.............................

ORR...........BROWN.............BRIDGES.........SKUSE............WOODMAN...............

..............................BROOKER................STEWART...........................................

SUBS

CAREY

GILLESPIE

COTTERILL

MADJO

GOLBOURNE

Bridges could do well in that role and has done well in the hole in the past, which is similar.Until Russell's fit, he might just be the passer we need.

Glad you agree 4-4-2's a non starter city.gif

Before we completely throw Gillespie away, I would love to see him have the same advantage as Lita. That being to play along side Brooker. We have seen Gillespie given 2 starts with Stewart, in both cases, he has done more and looked better, yet Gillespie gets substituted.

When we start selecting players and not "names" we might get somewhere.

Agree and I still think SG will be decent, but he needs to strengthen up.

3-5-2 ? We don't have the players - Orr and Woodman as wingbacks ? Both are competent  defenders, and yes Orr did have a good work out for part of a game against Blackpool, but when have we seen him as a starting wingback - clutching straws ?

Play to the players strengths is the best policy, and make it difficult for them to break us down.

The defence picks itself at the moment.

Skuse just in front of them, something for them to pass to and bring the ball out.

Midfield with a bit of bite, pace and flair (?), with Skuse behind them.

Brooker up front doing what he does.

If it goes pear shaped, back to 4-4-2 with Skuse off and Mad Joe on (now who's clutching at straws)  w00t.gif

I just feel that 4-1-4-1 suits our players away from home and is the way to a point and possibly a back to the wall 3 points.

So ;

Phillips

Orr  heywood Partridge  Woodman

Skuse

Cotterill  Wilkshire Brown Smith

Brooker

No place for Stewart or Bridges in this line up.

When there's no wheat in the barn baby , its straw clutching time !

Archived