IGNORED

Lay Off Tinnion

Guest The Guvnor

Guest The Guvnor

You lot not bored of moaning about Tinnion yet? OK, so he was not the man for the job but your continual bitching on about him is achieving what exactly?

Tinnion played and gave his all for this club for 12-13 years or have a lot of you forgotten that? He tried as a manager but sadly failed. Does he really deserve all the poo he is getting? Do you not think he wanted this to succeed just as much as we did?

Typical of half the "Fans" that come to the gate! Focus on the problems to hand now, get behind the team and whoever comes in as manager. What'd done is done...move on!

banghead.gif

You lot not bored of moaning about Tinnion yet?  OK, so he was not the man for the job but your continual bitching on about him is achieving what exactly?

Tinnion played and gave his all for this club for 12-13 years or have a lot of you forgotten that?  He tried as a manager but sadly failed.  Does he really deserve all the poo he is getting?  Do you not think he wanted this to succeed just as much as we did?

Typical of half the "Fans" that come to the gate! Focus on the problems to hand now, get behind the team and whoever comes in as manager.  What'd done is done...move on!

banghead.gif

Yep, move on.

The guy unfortunately failed.

Some fans still like to grieve for him.

Like you I say - move on !!

biggrin.gif

Guest routabout
Yep, move on.

biggrin.gif

I really felt for him, but I'm over it now and firmly focused on the struggle that lies ahead.

No point whatsoever in pointing fingers or shlagging anybody off, that's not constructive in the slightest. Believe me, there could be worse on the horizon and Tinman should be the least of our concerns.

Guest scrumpy dare
You lot not bored of moaning about Tinnion yet?  OK, so he was not the man for the job but your continual bitching on about him is achieving what exactly?

Tinnion played and gave his all for this club for 12-13 years or have a lot of you forgotten that?  He tried as a manager but sadly failed.  Does he really deserve all the poo he is getting?  Do you not think he wanted this to succeed just as much as we did?

Typical of half the "Fans" that come to the gate! Focus on the problems to hand now, get behind the team and whoever comes in as manager.  What'd done is done...move on!

banghead.gif

i think they think tony thorpe is a saint innocent.gif

Yep, move on.

biggrin.gif

Do you really mean that after that pathetic gripe about whether the guy earnt his drink.

I'll believe you've moved on when you stop your continual slagging of a guy who even now that he's no longer manager still gets your vitriol.

Do you really mean that after that pathetic gripe about whether the guy earnt his drink.

I'll believe you've moved on when you stop your continual slagging of a guy who even now that he's no longer manager still gets your vitriol.

Here we go again.

Its not vitriol.

The guy failed & thats it. He ain't the manager.

I was never a real big fan of him as a player, but a few fans keep wanting to live in the past.

I have a view about BT - it differs from some others - so be it.

Not vitriol just me being honest.

I've not posted much about Tinnion since his 'retirement' and have tended to ignore the 'Tinnion' threads since he went. But what I will say on this thread is that, generally, it is not the detractors who keep regurgitating the Tinnion controversy.

This thread, and others like it, perpetuate the debate by continually demanding respect for Tinnion as though we are 'indebted' to him for one reason or another.

The fact is, Tinnion was rewarded handsomely by the club and the fans in his testimonial year and it was then we paid our debt of gratitude for his service as a player to the club.

Since then we have nothing to thank him for - in fact he has left this club in a mess that is being compared, by some, to the dark days of '82.

I have no wish to further soil his name by continually discussing his managerial capabilities now that he is no longer manager, and I would suggest that those who feel they must defend him do so by not raking up old ground.

Guest routabout
I've not posted much about Tinnion since his 'retirement' and have tended to ignore the 'Tinnion' threads since he went.  But what I will say on this thread is that, generally, it is not the detractors who keep regurgitating the Tinnion controversy.

This thread, and others like it, perpetuate the debate by continually demanding respect for Tinnion as though we are 'indebted' to him for one reason or another.

The fact is, Tinnion was rewarded handsomely by the club and the fans in his testimonial year and it was then we paid our debt of gratitude for his service as a player to the club.

Since then we have nothing to thank him for - in fact he has left this club in a mess that is being compared, by some, to the dark days of '82.

I have no wish to further soil his name by continually discussing his managerial capabilities now that he is no longer manager, and I would suggest that those who feel they must defend him do so by not raking up old ground.

Hear bloody hear! Very well said.

Now can we at least lay this to rest? It serves no purpose other than to further muddy our already near toxic waters.

I've not posted much about Tinnion since his 'retirement' and have tended to ignore the 'Tinnion' threads since he went.  But what I will say on this thread is that, generally, it is not the detractors who keep regurgitating the Tinnion controversy.

Said with style as usual SR. biggrin.gif

I will come for lessons, and try to curb my directness.

As you say, some fans continue to grieve & drag up the 'legend/servant' bit.

I think of now - not then - we are in a mess.

Archived