IGNORED

Is Steve Lansdown A Liar?

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

There are a lot of things to get worked up about as a City fan at the moment. Was it right to give Brian Tinnion the manager's job? Was he any good at it? Should he still be doing it? Who should be the next manager? But, I believe, there is one more fundamental question that we are all in danger of missing in all of this: Has our chairman lied to us?

In the aftermath of the Swansea defeat, we were told by SL on the official website that he had asked BT is he was up to taking training on the Monday morning and that BT had said no. BT had 'stood down'. SL was very sorry that BT had decided to do this. So, no sacking. SL was no axeman. BT fell on his sword and SL regretted that he had done so. That was the official line.

Now, we have John Laycock's version of events. And remember, this is not just an account from an ill-informed poster on this forum, but from a former chairman, having spoken directly with Brian Tinnion. According to an earlier poster who heard JL's interview on Radio Bristol (anyone got a transcript?), JL said that: "He was not consulted about BT leaving. Has spoken to BT since he left and he was "asked" to step down.. ie Sacked by SL."

It's interesting that Brian Tinnion has not yet made any statement about the circumstances surrounding his departure, is it not? But then again, being retained on the payroll does tend to keep one quiet!

If John Laycock's comments have been accurately reported and are the truth, then what our chairman said to us was not.

Guest routabout

I think that you are making the mistake of believing a bitter man, who loves this club so much that he saw fit to disappear off on holiday, whilst his club were in crisis.

I'd like to see proof that Mr Laycock WAS CONTACTABLE during this period. If he wasn't, then he hasn't a leg to stand on.

Richie - put up or shut up.

Explain exactly what you think happened and why or leave off with the continual muck raking that does noone any good.

Nibor

Nibor, I have documented what is believed to have happened on numerous occasions.

If you don't like my posts, then you wouldn't have read them.

Just ask why DW dosn't speak to BT ? biggrin.gif

Nibor, I have documented what is believed to have happened on numerous occasions.

If you don't like my posts, then you wouldn't have read them.

Just ask why DW dosn't speak to BT ? biggrin.gif

No you haven't. You've made thinly veiled accusations like the one above - why don't you spell it out clearly and explain how you 'know' this?

Nibor

Archived