IGNORED

Prepare For More Heartache...

SimplyRed

...it's probably going to get worse before it can start getting better...

I have no real (public) opinion on the new manager but have urged the board, through this forum, to get it sorted as soon as possible because Millen will do nothing for us.

Assuming it is going to take a while to announce the manager, get the formalities sorted, introduce him to the team and allow him to assess the playing staff, I think we're probably looking at 2 or 3 weeks before a team bearing his mark and tactics will play.

Looking at the fixtures, this might be as early as the home game against Hartlepool or as late as the home game against Tranmere.

So there will be at least another 2, possibly 4, games under Millen.

Under Millen, I can't see us winning any of those games, though we might scrape a couple of draws.

This means, we will probably be bottom and a few points adrift by the time the new regime is in place with 11-13 games gone.

From that position, I think all we can hope for is that the new man can get us challenging for a play-off spot come May.

This means, we will probably be bottom and a few points adrift by the time the new regime is in place with 11-13 games gone.

From that position, I think all we can hope for is that the new man can get us challenging for a play-off spot come May.

From that position i'll be content with mid table come May.

There should be no pressure on the new manager to reach the play-offs this season.

Common sense says write this season off regarding promotion and give the new man a bit of pressure free time to turn the club round and then build in a panic free way for a push next year.

At the moment City are going to get relegated; if he can prevent that and by his manner, selections, style of football and team building give us genuine hope for next season into the bargain then that's as much as we can reasonably ask for.

I have no real (public) opinion on the new manager but have urged the board, through this forum, to get it sorted as soon as possible because Millen will do nothing for us.

Assuming it is going to take a while to announce the manager, get the formalities sorted, introduce him to the team and allow him to assess the playing staff, I think we're probably looking at 2 or 3 weeks before a team bearing his mark and tactics will play.

Looking at the fixtures, this might be as early as the home game against Hartlepool or as late as the home game against Tranmere.

So there will be at least another 2, possibly 4, games under Millen.

Under Millen, I can't see us winning any of those games, though we might scrape a couple of draws.

I live in hope that the players will suddenly start playing for a new manager when they realise their arses are on the line. It's a sad and unpalateable truth that players can produce when they have a new manager to impress.

A couple of decent results during this honeymoon period could see confidence return and then we can kick on from there.

Oh look, my glass is half full. biggrin.gif

I live in hope that the players will suddenly start playing for a new manager when they realise their arses are on the line. It's a sad and unpalateable truth that players can produce when they have a new manager to impress.

A couple of decent results during this honeymoon period could see confidence return and then we can kick on from there.

Oh look, my glass is half full.  biggrin.gif

But it can also be said that sometimes under a caretaker teams take an upturn in form. dunno.gif

We have shown flash's under KM.

But morale must be very low.

It was interesting to read Carey in Sats programme. He was saying that the team didn't yet know its best formation.

You could be right, they will be out to impress under a new manager.

My glass is always half full & boy Ive earned it. biggrin.gif

Guest routabout
But it can also be said that sometimes under a caretaker teams take an upturn in form. dunno.gif

We have shown flash's under KM.

But morale must be very low.

It was interesting to read Carey in Sats programme. He was saying that the team didn't yet know its best formation.

You could be right, they will be out to impress under a new manager.

My glass is always half full & boy Ive earned it.  biggrin.gif

Oooo, you're a wicked one, aren't you richie? wink.gif

Archived