IGNORED

You Know What We Could Do With?

Guest routabout

Guest routabout

Well, I'm done for the night. It's been a long day and thankfully, the machines have been behaving themselves, so I've been able to participate in mild mannered debate for most of the evening. Yeah right!

I'll leave you with these thoughts. Wouldn't it be great, if just for one day we could all come on here, think before we post, ignore any baiting and just have a laugh and a joke? There's so much anxiety around the club, what with our financial future looking pretty uncertain and no real news on the new man. Plenty for us all, as supporters of this once great club (well, for a few years anyway), to be genuinely worried about. It seems stupid to be making a rod for our own backs, really.

We're all up against it at the moment and the in-fighting is making things a whole lot worse. I don't know about anybody else, but I for one will be making an effort to NOT vent my annoyance when I see a post that I dislike for one reason or another. I will respect that person's right to post on this forum, in whatever style they are comfortable with. Before I make a post, I will stop and think to myself, how might this post affect other people on here, if at all? I'll be honest with myself and if I think it's likely to offend, then I will either rephrase it to be less offensive, or not post it at all. Yes I have a right to post what I like, within reason, but should I be pushing that right to it's limits?

Call it self censorship, call it considering other people, call it being politically correct. (how I hate that term wink.gif ) However it is wrapped up, it is being respectful to other people that I share a common interest with. Call it what you want and do what you need to do, but let's at least try to make this a reasonably pleasant place to be. Just for one day, to see what a difference it might make.

I know it's novel, but if we all put a bit of effort into it, you never know, it might just work.

Goodnight and I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Archived