IGNORED

John Robertson

stevep38

Morning everyone,

In todays Scottish sun it reads and i quote.........

John Robertson is on the shortlist to become Bristol Citys new boss.

The Ross County gaffer is set for talks with the English League One outfit in the next 24 hours and is a serious contender for the highly rated post.

But Hearts legend Robbo faces a fight with Dennis Wise for the job.

Lennie Lawrence and Dave Bassett head an impressive list of candidates- but Southampton veteran Wise is favourite.

He faces competition however from Robertson whose reputation is intact despite being ousted by Hearts earlier in the year.

Its all hotting up so how about Robbo and Wise as no 1 and 2 if we could afford it??

Tough one. Evil Post has a bad history as we all know, but on the other hand JR doesn't fit the profile SL stated recently. i.e. Success and knowledge of this level of football.

Ooh I dunno. Robertson certainly has good history with Hearts and (if you follow Scottish Football), you'll find that most teams outside of Glasgow are about our standard - try watching some Dunfermline games and you'll see what I mean

Ooh I dunno. Robertson certainly has good history with Hearts and (if you follow Scottish Football), you'll find that most teams outside of Glasgow are about our standard - try watching some Dunfermline games and you'll see what I mean

Thats probably true, I think SL mentioned this actual league though. I wouldn't be unhappy with Robertson but wonder if he would get as much time as for example Gary Johnson. As you say not as many people in this part of the world, have a knowledge of Scottixh football as they do of the successes of Yeovil.

Archived