IGNORED

FCF - Who Are They?

Chivs

This post has been prompted by another thread that questioned whether richieb should be representing the fans at the FCF meetings.

This is not a go at richieb. Whilst I rarely agree with him, he has the same right to express his views as me.

However, I am concerned at the way fans have been chosen for the FCF. Does anyone know who is on the FCF? The minutes don't list who attended/apologised for absence.

I was one of the people who put myself forward when they were asking for members. I thought that not living in Bristol, but being near enough to get to regular meetings, I might be representative of non-Bristol fans. But hey-ho I was turned down.

I had just about got over this but then I learn that richieb is a member! ohmy.gif Is it coincidence that he is a high profile forumite and a Supporters Club member?

Who is on the FCF and how were they chosen? This is important since they are supposed to be representative of City fans everywhere.

This post has been prompted by another thread that questioned whether richieb should be representing the fans at the FCF meetings.

This is not a go at richieb.  Whilst I rarely agree with him, he has the same right to express his views as me.

However, I am concerned at the way fans have been chosen for the FCF. Does anyone know who is on the FCF?  The minutes don't list who attended/apologised for absence.

I was one of the people who put myself forward when they were asking for members. I thought that not living in Bristol, but being near enough to get to regular meetings, I might be representative of non-Bristol fans.  But hey-ho I was turned down.

I had just about got over this but then I learn that richieb is a member!  ohmy.gif  Is it coincidence that he is a high profile forumite and a Supporters Club member?

Who is on the FCF and how were they chosen?  This is important since they are supposed to be representative of City fans everywhere.

The list of members is listed in the match day program I think. Well I read it somewhere and I can only think that's where I saw it.

The list of members is listed in the match day program I think. Well I read it somewhere and I can only think that's where I saw it.

Quite right Frank.

And its strange how I get accussed of dragging up old ground.

Chivs we have covered this thread before.

But if you read the main site it has a special section about the FCF.

And when we did cover this topic before, it was mentioned about getting more contact with fans.

And we have an e-mail section where fans can ask their questions.

And at the last meeting a number of questions were asked & the answers were posted on the Official site the next day.

And the mix of fans is a good one - of all ages & of many varying opinions - bit like this forum really. biggrin.gif

I understand there is a waiting list. But if you arn't on it contact Kerry at the club & it will be sorted.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FansC...,,10327,00.html

Hope this is of use.

And while I amy have certain views on the football front, the input regarding certain non footy issues are as passionate.

We may be looking a branded kit for next season - result.

So if you have some questions - type away & the FCF will see that you get the response.

The members are listed in the program under 'meet the fans' - I think muggins is scheduled to be 'featured' in the Barnsley program.

I am a member of the FCF and have been there since the first meeting. I think the original focus was to attract a group of people from different backgrounds. We've lost a few members along the way and new ones have been recruited.

I'd say the club have done well on that point, there is an extremely wide selection Young Uns like me & Luke (if we can be classed as young laugh.gif ) and then a broad section all the way up the age scale - all have different backgrounds, views, not all are season ticket holders etc.

I would be the first to say I don't always agree with Richies viewpoints but he certainly has a differing view at times and I think its always useful at something like the FCF. He's also pushed very hard on things like merchadising and deserves credit for that.

Early days the FCF was wide open for critism but I think we are now getting to a point where its becoming a useful voice and points quite often raised by fans are being actioned.

Not sure about the distance thing, but its a good point if we could have an 'exile' perhaps put his views via email each meeting?

I also always try to post on here before a meeting and usually take 3-4 emails with me to the meeting.

The FCF has improved since its initial inception but there is still a lack of transparency about who they/you are.

Having a section in the programme is fine but it doesnt help those of us who never buy one. If FCF members want to be seen as representing the supporter groups then they should be prepared to have a contact number/email published against their name on the FCF section of the website. Perhaps in future there should also be a rota whereby members have to make themselves available to meet fans for an hour before kick off in the R&W?

As it stands there are twenty five members but I only know of four them. I don't believe that is good enough.

Quite right Frank.

And its strange how I get accussed of dragging up old ground.

Chivs we have covered this thread before.

But if you read the main site it has a special section about the FCF.

And when we did cover this topic before, it was mentioned about getting more contact with fans.

And we have an e-mail section where fans can ask their questions.

And at the last meeting a number of questions were asked & the answers were posted on the Official site the next day.

And the mix of fans is a good one - of all ages & of many varying opinions - bit like this forum really. :D

I understand there is a waiting list. But if you arn't on it contact Kerry at the club & it will be sorted.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FansC...,,10327,00.html

Hope this is of use.

And while I amy have certain views on the football front, the input regarding certain non footy issues are as passionate.

We may be looking a branded kit for next season - result.

So if you have some questions - type away & the FCF will see that you get the response.

I don't recall this subject being covered before. The only related thread was about the Supporters (Drinking) Club which I believe is a different organisation though they share some members clearly.

I've read the various official website reports and they are very useful. I believe the FCF is doing some good work. But I still haven't got the answer to my two simple questions:

1. Who is on the FCF?
  2. How were they chosen?

If this has been answered elsewhere then point me at the answers and I wil go away and read them.

The FCF has improved since its initial inception but there is still a lack of transparency about who they/you are.

Having a section in the programme is fine but it doesnt help those of us who never buy one. If FCF members want to be seen as representing the supporter groups then they should be prepared to have a contact number/email published against their name on the FCF section of the website. Perhaps in future there should also be a rota whereby members have to make themselves available to meet fans for an hour before kick off in the R&W?

As it stands there are twenty five members but I only know of four them. I don't believe that is good enough.

Interesting points.

I was in agreement with putting up individual e-mail address's.

But it was thought best to have one e-mail address to collect all views. These are discussed at every meeting & have so far addressed many of the fans issues.

If you have some questions - then 3 or 4 members are on the forum, you can use the e-mail address, or if you wish, I am quite perpared to meet up for a pint & a chat. You can then express any views.

Hope this enough information to allow you to have your points aired.

:city:

Interestingly, I have just scanned my Blackpool programme and there is no FCF page because that page was given to Ivy Haynes as a "special" Meet The Fans.

The listed members in the programme (anonimity is allowed) are:

1 - Richard Bailey

2 - Tom Bigwood

3 - Dave Bird

4 - Peter Brimble

5 - Alix Copping

6 - Mark Crowley

7 - Matt Elson

8 - Stephen Fear

9 - Tom Ford

10 - Robert George

11 - John Greenwood

12 - Terry Hamlin

13 - James Horler

14 - Keith Johns

15 - Luke Jones

16 - Colin Joynes

17 - Julia Logan

18 - Tim Lucy

19 - Dominic Meek

20 - Nigel Oldfield

21 - Jacqui Southway

22 - John Sterry

23 - Roy Veale

24 - Paul Watts

25 - Roger Watts

John Sterry is profiled in the MK Dons programme and Roy Veale against Port Vale.

As with Ritchie, should anybopdy want to PM me I would happily supply a personal e-mail address or arrange to meet if you wanted to discuss anything.

I would also like to echo what TomF said, and thank him unreservedly for calling me young... you are a gentleman!!

Interestingly, I have just scanned my Blackpool programme and there is no FCF page because that page was given to Ivy Haynes as a "special" Meet The Fans.

The listed members in the programme (anonimity is allowed) are:

1 - Richard Bailey

2 - Tom Bigwood

3 - Dave Bird

4 - Peter Brimble

5 - Alix Copping

6 - Mark Crowley

7 - Matt Elson

8 - Stephen Fear

9 - Tom Ford

10 - Robert George

11 - John Greenwood

12 - Terry Hamlin

13 - James Horler

14 - Keith Johns

15 - Luke Jones

16 - Colin Joynes

17 - Julia Logan

18 - Tim Lucy

19 - Dominic Meek

20 - Nigel Oldfield

21 - Jacqui Southway

22 - John Sterry

23 - Roy Veale

24 - Paul Watts

25 - Roger Watts

John Sterry is profiled in the MK Dons programme and Roy Veale against Port Vale.

As with Ritchie, should anybopdy want to PM me I would happily supply a personal e-mail address or arrange to meet if you wanted to discuss anything.

I would also like to echo what TomF said, and thank him unreservedly for calling me young... you are a gentleman!!

SO out of 25 people on the fcf there are only 2 women! Thats shocking :(

thank him unreservedly for calling me young... you are a gentleman!!

I assume the cheque has been posted as per our agreement? :D

Either that or I retract the youthful statement at 19 hundred hours tomorrow :rofl2br:

Agreed, though ALL the women who originally applied were chosen, but only a cross section of the men who applied were invited to join! :D

Interesting, shame there weren't a few places held so if any women expressed an interest they could be considered. As I understand it, we have to wait for someone to resign before any more applications will be sought. Therefore the imbalance is there for some time!

I am sure if it had been made clear on the website that applications from women were needed to redress the imbalance a few more would have applied.

Interesting, shame there weren't a few places held so if any women expressed an interest they could be considered. As I understand it, we have to wait for someone to resign before any more applications will be sought. Therefore the imbalance is there for some time!

I am sure if it had been made clear on the website that applications from women were needed to redress the imbalance a few more would have applied.

I'm not sure, but I think we are currently 24 as Rob (Orj) is travelling around the world.

I am a FCF member and have been so since its beginning.

I applied in the usual manner - writing to the club outlining my circumstances, age, where I sit etc

and how long supported.

As I see it, the FCF is not there to be the spokesperson for the fans as it would be too presumptious for any small body to claim to accurately represent such a broad cross section of opinions.

Instead I would hope that those invited by the club to be on the FCF were selected in such a manner that as a whole they give a fair cross section of the city fan base. Therefore there will be people of various ages, some will be seasons ticket holders (some won't), some will go to away games, some will travel using CATS. Some will be male and some will be users of this forum.

By having a relatively fair cross section of fans then I believe the club can then gauge a fairly good perception as to how the wider fan base think on issues.

We are in no way there to 'change the world' simply a good conduit between the various factions of the club. If by having these meetings, we can improve communication between fans and the club, then this can only be to the benefit of both parties.

As some of the other members of the FCF have stated above, we are always willing to meet fellow fans and discuss any issues that they feel should be addressed by the club.

WLA

Archived