IGNORED

Free Text Of Who The New Manager Is

Never to the dark side

okay, its my day off on FRIDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER.

If any one is not near a radio/TV or is not allowed near a

media source(computer?)

drop your mobile number in the private box

I will be home all day friday so if the news breaks

about a new manager you'l hear it from me first

If the news breaks on SATURDAY morning

you'll have to ask some one else to text you cos I'll be back at work

Its alright id rather find out in my own time and would not give my mobile number out so i can get people hijacking my number and ringing premium rate numbers.There for making my bill at the end of the month thousands of punds. Il pass on this one.

People can do that just from knowing your number??

Its alright id rather find out in my own time and would not give my mobile number out so i can get people hijacking my number and ringing premium rate numbers.There for making my bill at the end of the month thousands of punds. Il pass on this one.

what old trollocks, Never to the dark side often does this for us fans, he will from time to time text us scores from a game we miss, he is totally pucker and I have never had any hijacking etc afterwards.

There was once a time when one man could do something for another without reward, shame we now live in such doubting days.

NTTDS has been on these boards for as long as I can remember and can be trusted.

Think before you post. Please.

Yes i know soone it happened to. If your a computer freak and have work in the telecomes industry its easy to do.

Buy why worry about giving someone your number? If someone has the ability to do this they could just make up any old number, or get one from adverts etc. There are a million and one sources of mobile telephone numbers, surely there's no reason to particularly think anybody would use yours just because it's out there.

Although, maybe this is how NTTDS pays for his flying somewhere and straight back habit razz.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I think I am closer to tears. crying.gif

Guest routabout
People can do that just from knowing your number??

Anything that helps them pinpoint your particluar account with your service provider can help. There are other, more effective means.

This is purely informational and not an accusation of any kind.

I'm not saying he cant be trusted, I'm saying i don't trust giving my nmber out to strangers due to what they can do with it. I'm relitively new to these boards so don't know him very well. When i was younger my mother used to tell me never get in a car with a stranger even if they offer you sweets.

Fair enough, but why did you feel the need to post it.

Why not just ignore the thread dunno.gif

Sounds like this is a bit of a misty flash-back to the old days of cloning analogue mobile phones. Such a thing with GSM (digital phones) just ain't possible. I guess a software engineer working on the Customer Care and Billing System might be the only person who could do it without being traced, but salaries tend to be such that frauds like thats not really worth it.

Yes but if this person who worked for these telecom people and had access to peoples accounts if you entered the number then if they owned a premium rate phone number or many different so it wouldnt look suspicious then it is worth doing.

Having been involved in the design and development of CCBS for mobile phone companies and worked for two such companies (One2One and TMN in Portugal), I would say that whilst, I suppose, this might be technically possible, it actually could be traced almost instantly and just wouldn't be worth it - you'd be sacked and in custody before you could collect your booty. I've certainly never heard of it happening...

I gotta say I wouldn't be giving my number out willy-nilly to speak, reagrdless of whether he has been on this board ages and can be trusted with my life etc. Can't believe some of you are having a go at this bloke for saying so too.

I agree about giving it out freely, but in this case, it's just PM-ing it to a trusted forum member who has kindly provided this service often in the past.

I agree about giving it out freely, but in this case, it's just PM-ing it to a trusted forum member who has kindly provided this service often in the past.

Seems bizarre to me that some guy is prepared to spend money on texts etc for people he knows only through this forum. If people want to give out their number to him thats fine but I think having a go at that other bloke is out of order!

Seems bizarre to me that some guy is prepared to spend money on texts etc for people he knows only through this forum. If people want to give out their number to him thats fine but I think having a go at that other bloke is out of order!

Don't know if he pays for the texts, but it's a nice gesture anyway. Don't think anyone really had a go at young Mr Zidered

Don't know if he pays for the texts, but it's a nice gesture anyway. Don't think anyone really had a go at young Mr Zidered

Fair enough. Tom F seemed to be havign a go at him unfairly I feel- 'NTTDS has been on these boards for as long as I can remember and can be trusted.

Think before you post. Please.'

So know he says he can be trusted its ok is it?

Archived