IGNORED

Away Ticket Prices

RedTop

Now far be it for me, with no business acumen, to suggest we are being diddled, but...

Should you wish to go to Oldham, it's pay on the day.

However, the official website claims some tickets have been made available for sale in advance at a discount. What that amounts to is adults pay £21 instead of £22 at the gate. Same price as the gate price for children/OAPs/students

But hang on a minute. On to of that, we have to pay the infamous £1 per ticket fee for paying by debit card or credit card, as most of us presumably do (it's impossible to do it any other way on the phone, for starters). So that makes it...er...£22 - the same price as you pay if you just go to the game and pay on the gate. Even worse, if you do it by post they'll slap on an extra quid. Making it CHEAPER to pay on the gate.

Not only that, but if you buy a ticket for your kid or your grandad, it's the same price as on the door. Which means that once you add on the fee, buying in advance is MORE expensive.

Now since when have you ever been to an event where it's MORE expensive to book in advance? Since when has it made sense to PENALISE fans for booking early? Even worse, the club makes out you're getting a discount.

There is another regular situation that disturbs and annoys me. We get told that City fans must buy tickets in advance for some games because they have been made all-ticket. So whereas we might normally have paid the face value price of the ticket at the turnstile, we instead we have to get on the phone and duly cough up. Of course, doing so on the phone means you have to pay by card. And we end up paying a quid more for our ticket (£2 if it's a postal application).

What happens next? Well, exactly what's happened with Brentford. The rules change. To quote the official website:

"City supporters will now be able to pay on the turnstiles at Brentford's Griffin Park."

So the goalposts are moved and those of us who have shown ourselves the most keen to get to the game by booking early and taking the club on its word end up paying £1/£2 more for a ticket than we would if we had waited and just paid on the gate.

To my mind this sort of thing is misleading and grossly unfair. How can the club penalise fans for taking their word and booking a ticket in advance because they were assured it was the only way they could get to the game - then find out they've been conned out of money?

I'm not suggesting it's done on purpose, just that it's grossly unfair and (however unintentionally) we're being ripped off. And that bloody annoys me.

Now far be it for me, with no business acumen, to suggest we are being diddled, but...

However, the official website claims some tickets have been made available for sale in advance at a discount. What that amounts to is adults pay £21 instead of £22 at the gate. Same price as the gate price for children/OAPs/students

But hang on a minute. On to of that, we have to pay the infamous £1 per ticket fee for paying by debit card or credit card, as most of us presumably do (it's impossible to do it any other way on the phone, for starters). So that makes it...er...£22 - the same price as you pay if you just go to the game and pay on the gate. Even worse, if you do it by post they'll slap on an extra quid. Making it CHEAPER to pay on the gate.

Not only that, but if you buy a ticket for your kid or your grandad, it's the same price as on the door. Which means that once you add on the fee, buying in advance is MORE expensive.

Now since when have you ever been to an event where it's MORE expensive to book in advance? Since when has it made sense to PENALISE fans for booking early? Even worse, the club makes out you're getting a discount.

There is another regular situation that disturbs and annoys me. We get told that City fans must buy tickets in advance for some games because they have been made all-ticket. So whereas we might normally have paid the face value price of the ticket at the turnstile, we instead we have to get on the phone and duly cough up. Of course, doing so on the phone means you have to pay by card. And we end up paying a quid more for our ticket (£2 if it's a postal application).

What happens next? Well, exactly what's happened with Brentford. The rules change. To quote the official website:

"City supporters will now be able to pay on the turnstiles at Brentford's Griffin Park."

So the goalposts are moved and those of us who have shown ourselves the most keen to get to the game by booking early and taking the club on its word end up paying £1/£2 more for a ticket than we would if we had waited and just paid on the gate.

To my mind this sort of thing is misleading and grossly unfair. How can the club penalise fans for taking their word and booking a ticket in advance because they were assured it was the only way they could get to the game - then find out they've been conned out of money?

I'm not suggesting it's done on purpose, just that it's grossly unfair and (however unintentionally) we're being ripped off. And that bloody annoys me.

Another excuse for a poor away following?

Makes the £13 we charged you seem a bargain, especially as you got 8 goals to see as well, and the drama of seeing a once great man reduced to tears by his own fans.

I paid £6 extra getting tickets yesterday and had them posted to me, its a bl00dy disgrace that the very next day they lift the all ticket rule when it was quite clear we would never sell out anyway.

Problem is you never know what this club will do next so you need to get your tickets early to make sure you have time to sort things out should they get lost in the post.

I'm very annoyed with this.

Good points Redtop and, as someone else has said, a good post for the SL forum.

I can't see how this is anything other than intentional (they aren't accidently adding on the credit card charge/postal charge).

This bloody annoys me as well.

Good points Redtop and, as someone else has said, a good post for the SL forum.

I can't see how this is anything other than intentional (they aren't accidently adding on the credit card charge/postal charge).

This bloody annoys me as well.

Actually, given that Steve L is (hopefully) more busily employed at the moment sorting out the new manager, etc, it strikes me that this is precisely the sort of issue that the Fans' Consultative Forum was set up to tackle.

Perhaps one of our representatives would be good enough to add it to the agenda for the next meeting? These are exactly the sort of fan-orientated things that the FCF should be taking on and doing something about.

Actually, given that Steve L is (hopefully) more busily employed at the moment sorting out the new manager, etc, it strikes me that this is precisely the sort of issue that the Fans' Consultative Forum was set up to tackle.

Perhaps one of our representatives would be good enough to add it to the agenda for the next meeting? These are exactly the sort of fan-orientated things that the FCF should be taking on and doing something about.

Red Top

The booking fee of £1 per ticket is currently being changed to 5% following the last FCF meeting. Whilst for £20 tickets this makes b****r all difference, for a family of four buying tickets in the Atyeo to a category B game it should save the person paying approximately (£4-((17+17+6+6)*5%)) £1.70.

I am sure you will agree that this is a step in the right direction and, in this example, whilst representing a 30p increase on last year's booking fee it was felt that this was a fair compromise for now given the fact that 1 - costs are being incurred to process card payments and 2 - The ticketing machines are being improved and this is being used in part to fund such improvements to try and enhance the supporters' experience.

I would be more than happy to bring up any issue on your behalf and should you wish to post specifically what point you would like to make then I shall make it for you in our October meeting.

Archived