IGNORED

Neil Warnock

MATT BCFC

Just watching Football League Review, and Neil warnock said Bristol City manager is a job he always has wanted. Because he feels we are a championship team in league one and have great potential. Also said other nice things about us like its a nice area with nice people.

Nice to hear :city:

Just watching Football League Review, and Neil warnock said Bristol City manager is a job he always has wanted. Because he feels we are a championship team in league one and have great potential. Also said other nice things about us like its a nice area with nice people.

Nice people? He's never been on this forum, obviously. Yeh I saw that too. Seemed a funny thing to say, stange bloke, Warnock.

That's the thing, however negative or down on ourselves City fans get, the football world at large see Bristol City as a big club. We get loads of stick off rival fans for exactly the same reason.

It's about time we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot. Get this manahement appointment right and hopefully we will start at long last to deliver.

Neil Warnock Lives in Devon. I'm sure the City job is a job he would like, Bristol is a lot closer to Devon than Sheffield.

Erm, but Neil Warnock also happens to be a Sheffield United fan. He's said many times he's living his dream, I don't think wild horses would drag him away from Brammall Lane. I think his reference to us is how he perceived us when he used to apply for the job in the nineties.

Top bloke and his comments only re-enforce that. Say what you like about his football teams but his passion for the game and for his team is second to none and his energy and exuberance must rub off on his players. He is also as genuine as they come and would probably speak for everyone outside the Premiership if he could.

Ofcourse Warnock would be out of his mind if he wanted to leave Sheff Utd top of the Championship to join city , but when he do part company with Sheff Utd I could see why he sees City as a good club to manage.

But so do 30 or 40 other football people who applied for the job.

I saw an interview with Warnock last season and he said if he got the shove from Sheff U that there was one more team that he would really like to manage before he packs it all in. He didn't actually say what the team was but he made some reference to it being in the south, I somehow got the feeling at the time could he mean either us or another stint with Plymouth. Needless to say I don't think he's going to have to worry about getting the shove just yet.

Archived