IGNORED

New Manager Announced At 3pm Friday

Tim S

Despite all the specualtion that Gary Johnson is all but confirmed, the cat is being well and truly kept in the bag until 3pm Friday..... then the wait is over. Apparently there will be a statement on the website in the morning letting us know of the announcement time which is 3pm (although this could change).

Although all signs at this present moment point to Gary Johnson, there is still a possibility of any of the following.....

The favourites:

Gary Johnson (All the media seem to think its 90% him)

Lenny Lawrence (Has had 2 official interviews now so must be high in the thoughts of the board)

The Possibles:

Dennis Wise/Dave Basset (There has been no official signs from City, Southampton or the media of this one but people close to them claim they have had talks)

The most unlikely as things stand:

Peter Reid (Probably not as the wages would be too high)

Martin Allen (from what I can gather he is now out of the running)

All this from the press office of a well known radio station, so its not official from the club, but hopefully its not just rumor.

Despite all the specualtion that Gary Johnson is all but confirmed, the cat is being well and truly kept in the bag until 3pm Friday..... then the wait is over. Apparently there will be a statement on the website in the morning letting us know of the announcement time which is 3pm (although this could change).

Although all signs at this present moment point to Gary Johnson, there is still a possibility of any of the following.....

The favourites:

Lenny Lawrence (Has had 2 official interviews now so must be high in the thoughts of the board)

The Possibles:

Dennis Wise/Dave Basset (There has been no official signs from City, Southampton or the media of this one but people close to them claim they have had talks)

All this from the press office of a well known radio station, so its not official from the club, but hopefully its not just rumor.

martin allen has not got the job somebody said he declined it doubt that thou

Guest routabout

martin allen has not got the job somebody said he declined it doubt that thou

But RR, you did say that you had a phone call explaining that he was out of it anyway. It's starting to get a bit unraveled now.

Well I'm not believing anything until I see someone holding up that famous (infamous?) shirt with 'Gaffer' printed on it! Or at least until someone I trust writes it on the forum after they get their official text!

It's getting a bit like when Marcus stewart arrived, everyone knew it was Marcus but no one official actually said so as he had to be unveiled at the Press conference. I went down with my daughter as she had an Inset day (no school). Just before Marcus appeared I had a horrible feeling for a second, what if it's not him!

It could be the same with this manager, everyone getting ready to welcome GJ, and out steps... Atkins!!! :doh:

Guest routabout

I went down with my daughter as she had an Inset day (no school). Just before Marcus appeared I had a horrible feeling for a second, what if it's not him!

It could be the same with this manager, everyone getting ready to welcome GJ, and out steps... Atkins!!! :doh:

Oh my god! You wouldn't want your daughter to be there then, would you?

Oh my god! You wouldn't want your daughter to be there then, would you?

No she's well trained be be anti-Atkins. I picked her up from school today, her first words were if there was any news on our manager. I told her not really but the Gas have sacked theirs. She said 'Oh no we aren't getting him are we?' she's 10!

Guest alex1089

I can confirm Johnson is the city manager and will be in the media for a 3pm press conferance, Source will not be shown, Wait and see tommorrow! Steve thompson his assistant should be on his way to. I have never spreaded rumours and this is the first time I have said anything like this.

The favourites:

The Possibles:

It could well be that LL's 2nd interview was to eliminate him from the boards list.

Archived