IGNORED

The Real Reason Why Leycock Resigned

just like watching brazil

Guest routabout

is probably because gary johnson is our man and he was the only director not willing to pay compensation to another club as it would increase our debt further so he walked,just a thought.

And here was me thinking it was because his heart was never really in the club. :doh: I know he put money in , but that's business.

And here was me thinking it was because his heart was never really in the club. :doh: I know he put money in , but that's business.

I don't know JohnL at all well and have only met him to talk to briefly a couple of times, and I agree he doesn't come over as the most passionate of fans, but I still can't square this 'he put money in, but that's business' stuff. Surely he's not made a healthy profit by doing so, and he can't really have expected to do so when he did put money in. So perhaps you're being a tad over-cynical? I don't know if his heart was in the club, but I can't believe he did it for the money.

We've done to death on here what directors get out of being on the City board (apart from a view worse than the one in the Dolman!), such as local prestige etc, but I really do find it hard to believe any director goes into BCFC to make money. It just doesn't tally. If you are even a half-decent businessman you will realise that getting involved in BCFC will swallow up money, not spit it out. And if you're not a half-decent businessman then you won't have the cash to invest in the first place. Thus, it follows that anyone self-made with enough money to join the board will do so not expecting to make money out of it. Frankly, even if the club were to get promotion the pressure to spend more than you are making remains, so it's hard to see circumstances in which the club could ever make money comparable to that which a director might expect by investing in an altogether less risky venture elsewhere.

I don't know JohnL at all well and have only met him to talk to briefly a couple of times, and I agree he doesn't come over as the most passionate of fans, but I still can't square this 'he put money in, but that's business' stuff. Surely he's not made a healthy profit by doing so, and he can't really have expected to do so when he did put money in. So perhaps you're being a tad over-cynical? I don't know if his heart was in the club, but I can't believe he did it for the money.

We've done to death on here what directors get out of being on the City board (apart from a view worse than the one in the Dolman!), such as local prestige etc, but I really do find it hard to believe any director goes into BCFC to make money. It just doesn't tally. If you are even a half-decent businessman you will realise that getting involved in BCFC will swallow up money, not spit it out. And if you're not a half-decent businessman then you won't have the cash to invest in the first place. Thus, it follows that anyone self-made with enough money to join the board will do so not expecting to make money out of it. Frankly, even if the club were to get promotion the pressure to spend more than you are making remains, so it's hard to see circumstances in which the club could ever make money comparable to that which a director might expect by investing in an altogether less risky venture elsewhere.

I've got £30000 city can have! was lucky enough to have won £51000000 on euro lotto,the other week, nice , cos no need to do any overtime anymore!

Guest routabout

The reason I say this, is because I don't think that a director who is passionate about the club would have gone on holiday when we are in the state we are in. Unless he thought that the board couldn't sack Tinns in Laycock's absence and so being away might buy Tinns more time. You may see me as being wrong and that's your opinion, I'm not going to argue. It's my opinion.

My take on this would be that JL has had a long history of financial input, but not a massively fulfilling personal association with BCFC. I understand he has been a staunch supporter of the academy and been prepared to support that financially while others have perhaps seen it as an unnecessary expense.

With the club in turmoil at the moment, where his money goes now to give him satisfaction both personally and financially will be interesting to see.

In terms of business, local status etc etc, the rugby ball would seem the most attractive shaped ball to be associated with in Bristol at the moment...

It will be interesting to see how Bristol Rugby is supported in the near future, and if that is the case good luck to him and them.

I've got £30000 city can have! was lucky enough to have won £51000000 on euro lotto,the other week, nice , cos no need to do any overtime anymore!

Yes, and I'm awaiting a goodly sized windfall from a nice Nigerian gentleman who emailed me recently. I've also got some dosh tied up in Barclays, London from a deceased relative no-one has ever heard of!

But I've said too much already! Mum's the word!!

Guest routabout

Yes, and I'm awaiting a goodly sized windfall from a nice Nigerian gentleman who emailed me recently. I've also got some dosh tied up in Barclays, London from a deceased relative no-one has ever heard of!

But I've said too much already! Mum's the word!!

Ah, but you'll have to share your windfall with me, he's promised me a cut of things.

Archived