IGNORED

Confused ?...

Sargent Pepper

Every night this week i've come home from work around 2300 and rushed on to the forum desprate to find some crumb of evidence of who our new manager is going to be, and at the end of each night i go to bed with a different name in my head!

I was convinced (but not necaserilly pleased ) that Lennie Henry opps i mean Lawrence (hard to say which is the better comedian!) was already in place, then two nights ago Martin Allen's name reapeard from a number of people which seemed to make sense what with the delay which would seem to suggest compensation was being discused. We'll have to wait till after saturdays game for this news to be released i thought.

Now tonight i find that its 99.99999% sure that Gary Johnson is the man and not only that, but we've got an actuall time when this is going to be revealed !!! I can't take it anymore !

When all the speculation started no one really stood out for me, lets face it theres not been one name that everyone has instantly agreed with, in fact they all have had there cons.

Gary Johnson: has had great sucsess with a smaller club at a lower level but isn't setting the world alight in this division yet, has never been under the kind of pressure he's going to get here.

Martin Allen : Dosn't have much more experience than Tins did, long ball, yes he would shake a few people up, but strikes me as a bit of an attention seeker and maybe is cut out to forever manage the under dog, can't ever really see him fitting in with a big club.

Peter Reid : my initall favorate, but its true hasnt had much sucsess since sunderland where he stayed too long, wages would be high

John Ward: Nice bloke, not sure we need a nice bloke !

Dave Bassett : long ball, not sure its a long term solution which perhaps the same could be said off Stan Ternant.

The Jocks : some off the names from north of the border have intersted me but i think are a big gamble, do they know enough about this league?

Lennie Lawrence : how long have you got ???

Please don't take offence if i have dissed your choice of manager, as i said i'm just highlighting the cons, most of these have plenty of pros too, perhaps writing this will be like some kind of thearpy for me and i will get a better nights sleep, who knows.

All i do know is that first thing tomorrow i will be waiting for an official text telling me that a press confrence is called, and at 3 o'clock i will be glued to my phone waiting for some good news !!!..... :pray:

so who do you want then. mickey mouse?

See, i knew i'd hit a over sensitive nerve with someone.

As i said I'm very confused and that there was no one that really stood out, hence the " Please don't take offence if i have dissed your choice of manager, as i said i'm just highlighting the cons, most of these have plenty of pros too" comment .

I wouldnt mind a Dennis Wise/Ray Wilkins combo but don't think for a minuate it will happen cos' of the wages. So Gary Johnson will do fine for me, he's got as much going for him as anyone else and its got to be better than Lennie!

Whatever happens, whoever is appointed, whether it's our own personall favorite or not, we ALL need to get behind him and give him a fair chance for the sake of this club !!!

Archived