IGNORED

Rejected

BCFC Grim

Guest routabout

Let us hope that the Yeovil chairman isn't doing what the Torquay chairman did with Akinfenwa and let his emotions get the better of him and try holding us to ransom to get what we want and need.

the compenasation offer was rejected according to itv, yeovil waiting on an improved offer. Plaease Steve up it :pray:

There's nothing on either team's website. I'd expect some comment, certainly from Yeovil at least.

The no comment situation suggests that talks are continuing and that all is not lost yet.

Guest routabout

Yeovil shouldn't hold out for much. It is now obvious GJ wants to come to us and if they are not carefull he could just quit and they could get nothing.............couldn't he :dunno:

Only I don't think we would want ot go that route, to be fair. If it goes that way, Johnson will get put on garden leave until the whole affair is resolved, which means greater delays in him arriving and working his 'magic'.

To be fair John Fry isn't like that. He will be realistic. But first bids are never accepted are they?

True, true. I expect Mr Lansdown offered Mr Fry a debenture seat and a couple of hundred quid, thinking I'll let him up the ante from there. First rule of buyer's bartering, start as low as you can.

Not really a surprise to me somehow. Who is going to offer the max amount they can go to first, you can always offer more can't you.

Secondly wouldn't we be the same if someone was after our manager (can't remember the last time that happened, Jordan to Hearts?). We wouldn't expect SteveL to hand his manager over giftwrapped would we? Especially as you had just thought things were settled after seeing off Coventry & Derby (?) and signed him to a 3 year contract.

Why are contracts these days hardly worth the paper they are written on. Ok there is a probably large fee involved but it still leaves clubs managerless or playerless?

Edit; I'm such a slow typer people have already mentioned some of my points above. Don't you just hate that when that happens, looks like I've just copied them!

Archived