IGNORED

Did Fan Power Effect Lansdowns Choice?

Tim S

Earlier in the week I was very worried that Lenny Lawrence was going to be appointed the new manager. All things seemed to slowly be pointing towards the ex Cardiff man.

But there was an overwhelming outcry over Lenny Lawrence from many City fans on the SteveL forum and on this forum too, and I'm sure Steve and the board would have had some feedback from fans in person too.

Do you think that without so many people calling for the board to not appoint Lawrence, that they might not have pushed so hard to get Gary Johnson? After all, the compensation cant be cheap, and we all know that although the board would not just take the risk of "the cheap option", they also cant afford to be shelling out too much in compensation either.

I personally believe that although nothing may ever officially be said on the subject from Lansdown or any other backroom staff at City, that fan power DID effect the outcome of the new manager.

Guest routabout

I don't know and to be perfectly honest I don't care. The fact is, the right decision HAS been made now and we can all start looking to the future with some genuine hope.

I don't know and to be perfectly honest I don't care. The fact is, the right decision HAS been made now and we can all start looking to the future with some genuine hope.

The reason I asked is becuase it would be nice to know that what the fans think DOES actually matter to the board! I was worried that they were going to have blinkers on and just appointed who they wanted.

Archived