IGNORED

So Now That Johnson's Here

Ian M

• Admin

Can't remember who posted it (may have been robbored?) but I remember reading earlier this week that any manager coming in to Ashton Gate at present, with no totally outstanding candidate obvious, would struggle to get a 50% approval rating. This was posted in the face of 85% of 330+ voters going against a Lawrence appointment.

So vote on your happiness (or lack of) here

For the record, one happy fan here :D

Can't remember who posted it (may have been robbored?) but I remember reading earlier this week that any manager coming in to Ashton Gate at present, with no totally outstanding candidate obvious, would struggle to get a 50% approval rating. This was posted in the face of 85% of 330+ voters going against a Lawrence appointment.

I certainly am.

He was one of three people whom I would have been happy with.

I'm not expecting him to work miracles, but I'd love him to! :city:

I certainly am.

He was one of three people whom I would have been happy with.

I'm not expecting him to work miracles, but I'd love him to! :city:

Same for me, not my first choice (Stan Ternent) but definitely one who I'm very happy with and probably my second.

I think Gary Johnson will probaby unite the fans behind him more than any other possible appointment.

Nibor

Agree withTom F.

The most imaginative and go ahead apointment in my life time. I will say this even if he doesn't win a single game. As we sit here tonight given the circumstances and people available it was the right decision to apoint Gary Johnson.

Gary Johnson appears to know what he wants from his football team and most importantly knows how to get it from the resource available. A simple equation that has been lacking from the football club for to long.

Good Luck Gary.

And to the fans get behind the manager the team and be patient.

:city:

One happy chappy here. Given soem of the other candidates mentioned very happy with this indeed.

Even accounting for the usual BS spoken when these appointments hapen i was impressed by his interview on World - this club is in the mire and needs dragging up by its bootlaces and sorted out. He has been given the brief to do that - including the acadamy and the best of luck to him.

Like Tom its just about convinced me that i may well go tommorrow - and that this club is worth bothering with.

Heres to many years of success under GJ - just remember please it may not happen overnight!!!!!

Guest ashtonyate

Yes I am happy but then again I and load of other fans were happy when we signed Pullis & Wilson.They all fell by the way side.What qualites does Johnson have that they diden't ??.All I know we must give him our support what ever he is doing. WE cant afford for him to fail.

Guest alex1089

We must give him time, I am sure he is eager to turn it around very quickly and I respect that but he needs time and I#ll give him as much time as he ants, 12months, what the ######! Yes we could still go up this season but i am not going ahead of myself

:city: I think it was me who posted the "below 50%" post, although to be fair, that was at a time when GJ was not a realistic target, I am, currently drunk and needless to say abosolutely bloody delighted about this appointment.

Hopefully people will give him time to change things. But as of this point (rather like when Pulis left) it feels like a weight has been lifted.

Oh what can happen in a week, i feel shattered, but in a good way.

I'm relieved that we now have a Gaffer in place though, credit to Steve he acted quickly and secured maybe the best manager outside the topflight, and for that i'm utterly thrilled.

Not many people considered him as a serious option at the begining, quite a few people had suggested his name, but they were shot down, as usual by posters suggesting we try 'Sir Alex' or 'Mourinio' instead...my god, i may have been one of them. :o

I didnt think when Tins stepped down that Johnson would be in the running for manager, he had just signed a new contract at Yeovil which sent a message to several Championship clubs tracking him that he was not interested, so why did he sign for City?

Well for a kick off we are a bigger club than Yeovil, i mean no disrespect but we have massive potential here in Bristol, Johnson recognized that and also recognized we have been badly, badly underperforming not just this season but for years and years.

Johnson is ambitious and he's a winner,Steve knows this and Johnson knows he could achive great things for himself personally, and for Bristol City, we are seemingly a perfect match.

He wants the big challange to add to his already impressive track record and we need a Gaffer who's a proven suscess, it won't be easy, i'm not sure we can expect a result tommorow, but we must give this guy all the time he needs, if that means another season in this division then so be it, the damage has been done, but i've just got a gut feeling we've turned a corner with this appointment.

Beware of City...

• Admin

Yes I am happy but then again I and load of other fans were happy when we signed Pullis & Wilson.They all fell by the way side.What qualites does Johnson have that they diden't ??.All I know we must give him our support what ever he is doing. WE cant afford for him to fail.

I can't remember too many being overjoyed at the appointment of Pulis, but I agree about Wilson (although it is on record that I wouldn't have chosen Wilson), but neither of these has the CV of Johnson - if you haven't read his CV (biography) on the main site I recommend you should.

The link is regarding someone called DAVID Johnson.

Who the **** is he????

I am no more happy than I am less happy............. we shall see?

COME ON YOU REDS!

this appointment is pretty amazing; I'm not sure if the enormity of it has hit some forumites - this has cost Steve Lansdown a lot: I hope people will stop calling for a different board or a different chairman now

Maybe ......SL has judged himself on Brian Tinnion?.................... oh well good luck to us all... Gary, Brian & SL

I feel happy and a bit excited, I wonder how the players feel now they'll have to do some training?

I really feel for Yeovil fans they must be gutted. Appart from the pratts that think he's taken a backward step they can get back on the one horse in town and coff. Listening to their chairman it seems wev'e got a good man. Well done Mr Lansdown thanks.

Extremely happy. Don't everyone get carried away though, there is a lot of work to do. His answers in the interview were spot on - progress is what we are looking for, and as long as that happens promotion will come in good time.

Good teams are built, not conjured or transformed. Great teams are built over a long time. Keep the Faith... :city:

Archived