IGNORED

Johnson - Persuasive?

Desso

I think it would be great if Gary Johnson could persuade Brian Tinnion to play for us again. How we could do with him in midfield. Although he's city through and through, the chances of this happening would be pretty slim I guess, but it would probably make Brian feel better even if he said no.

Our midfield needs sorting big time.

Last season Tinnion said he was quitting the playing field and leaving it to younger legs.

WHY ?

Because of the managers job, and the fact he was playing crap, too slow, not keeping up with play.

Tins is 38 next birthday, again 38, 38, 38.

Get with it , he is past his prime, he knows it ,most of the fans know it , and the rest of you need a reality check.

Get tinnion back. He wont be bitter towards GJ, why would he be? He had his go and it didn't work so go back to what you're good at Tins, using that sweet left foot that we all remember. Tins will always want the best for the club and i bet anyone he's as excited as the next fan that we have got johnson in. He's better than some of our first 11 so why not play him. I say bring him back and get his boots on.

Theres a major difference between being past his prime and being able to do a very good job for the club , our main problem is ball retention and Tinnion could still do a job in the centre , maybe not for a whole game but its worth a thought as an interim measure whilst GJ sorts out the team and/or Russell gets match fit , you could have Russell and Tins doing 90 between them for Russells first few games.

Its not an ideal solution but possibly the best one to hand at the moment.

Guest Champagne Football

Tinnion was awful last season, can't any of you remember? I simply will not believe people want him back! Have the last 16 months just been a blur??

Johnson would not be stupid enough to bring him back, so there is no chance.

I take it this is a joke thread and I have been sucked in and made a fool?

Guest Ashtongategreat

PEOPLE....THERE REALLY IS LIFE AFTER BRIAN TINNION!

I'd rather keep my memories of Brian Tinnion - The Legend, not Brian Tinnion - The burned out has been.

He was AWFUL in his final playing season. Getting him to play again would be a BIG mistake. Yes we need that playmaker in the middle. But I've heard lots of promising things about Alex Russell.....(if he ever gets fit!!!!!) :grr:

PEOPLE....THERE REALLY IS LIFE AFTER BRIAN TINNION!

I'd rather keep my memories of Brian Tinnion - The Legend, not Brian Tinnion - The burned out has been.

He was AWFUL in his final playing season. Getting him to play again would be a BIG mistake. Yes we need that playmaker in the middle. But I've heard lots of promising things about Alex Russell.....(if he ever gets fit!!!!!) :grr:

Sorry, Tinnion wasn't awful last season. Awful is what we're seeing now. The trouble with some people is that they look at age before the player. Tinnion still has more talent and know how than some of our current players will ever have. I've always said that he finished his playing career a season or two to early and I'm convinced that with the service to our strikers that he could have provided, we wouldn't be in the position we are in now.

I remember that some of the "children" who frequent this forum were saying that Michael Bridges was to old when he signed, and he's only 26!

Another thing, don't hold your breath about Alex Russel. I've seen him a few times and he hasn't looked that good. Maybe he was carrying his injury but as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out.

Sorry, Tinnion wasn't awful last season. Awful is what we're seeing now. The trouble with some people is that they look at age before the player. Tinnion still has more talent and know how than some of our current players will ever have. I've always said that he finished his playing career a season or two to early and I'm convinced that with the service to our strikers that he could have provided, we wouldn't be in the position we are in now.

I remember that some of the "children" who frequent this forum were saying that Michael Bridges was to old when he signed, and he's only 26!

Another thing, don't hold your breath about Alex Russel. I've seen him a few times and he hasn't looked that good. Maybe he was carrying his injury but as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out.

I wouldn't say awfull but he was decidedly average, once he lost his pace his game became 2 dimensional, and oppo fullbacks knew that the diagonal ball to murray was coming before he'd even touched it.

Guest It's_Pacey_time

I'd like to see Tin's playin again, however this brings up the same argument from the other week about John Ward, people are never successfull the 2nd time round at city.

I think it would be great if Gary Johnson could persuade Brian Tinnion to play for us again. How we could do with him in midfield. Although he's city through and through, the chances of this happening would be pretty slim I guess, but it would probably make Brian feel better even if he said no.

Our midfield needs sorting big time.

Never!

Brian Tinnion has destroyed Bristol City, and has paid the price for his ineptitude. He sold players that he couldn't manage, regardless of their quality, which he felt was right for Brian Tinnion, not Bristol City :grr:

Gary Johnson has now to rebuild confidence, the squad, expectancy and stauture of our great club, something that Danny Wilson had started with four years of improvement, before Hurricane Brian was set loose in BS3.

A failed manager must not be allowed into the new set up for fear of undermining Gary Johnsons tenure, by watching, waiting and willing for failure within the shadowy corridors of Ashton Gate.

good shout Dave L - as for destroying the club what tosh- everyone looking at the squad TINS ASSEMBLED THOUGHT IT AN EXCELLENT ONE PRE SEASON- to date the players have not delivered but I think Johnson will largely be happy with the squad he has got and let's see what he can do with it.

Tins on the field would be additive and his left foot has been one of the things we missed, along with the old Tommy D(not last seasons sad imitation)

If Tinnion is allowed back under any circumstances:-playing or academy, it will show how amateurish the club is, The break has to be permanent and Johnson be allowed to bring in his own team, Tinnion has never been good for morale.

I will be amazed if Johson allows this, in fact I would expect Johnson has already made a point of saying he won't have it.

He's gone get over it.

If Tinnion is allowed back under any circumstances:-playing or academy, it will show how amateurish the club is, The break has to be permanent and Johnson be allowed to bring in his own team, Tinnion has never been good for morale.

I will be amazed if Johson allows this, in fact I would expect Johnson has already made a point of saying he won't have it.

He's gone get over it.

Agreed. Thanks Brian for your service, but it is time for a clean break. Good Luck in what you next decide to do.

Guest thesaviour

getting brian back is a good idea! he is a quality long range passer of the ball, he has an amazing ability to create something out of nothing. maybe at least worth a look? shame it all turned sour for tinman, surely 1 of the most passionate and creative city players ever?

Just like you for the past year and a half then.

It's a strange assumption to make, considering we've never met, but once again you are wrong Dave L. Weekends are ruined whenever City loose. Ask the wife.

However, for the last 17 months I have aired my concern that under Tinnion we were going in the wrong direction. But of course, as my views weren't shared by Dave L, then I am no longer a City fan!!

Still, my one consolation is, even though it was 17 months too late, my concerns have been vindicated.

Never!

Brian Tinnion has destroyed Bristol City, and has paid the price for his ineptitude. He sold players that he couldn't manage, regardless of their quality, which he felt was right for Brian Tinnion, not Bristol City :grr:

Gary Johnson has now to rebuild confidence, the squad, expectancy and stauture of our great club, something that Danny Wilson had started with four years of improvement, before Hurricane Brian was set loose in BS3.

A failed manager must not be allowed into the new set up for fear of undermining Gary Johnsons tenure, by watching, waiting and willing for failure within the shadowy corridors of Ashton Gate.

Tinman didnt destroy city. pre season all the talk was what a great squad we had and how we couldnt fail to go up .

Admitidley, things didnt go well but no one will convince me Tinman didnt try his very best and did what he thought was right for the club

Inexperience caught up with him.

While i don't think its a good idea to get him back playing, i for one will remember him as a great player who showed nothing but passion and loyalty to the club. Even to the point of admitting his own struggles and resigning.

:devil::devil::devil:

As much as i would like to see tins pinging the ball fron left to right that is a hell of a lot of pride to swallow.

He has a knee injury too which he said causes the knee to swell after every game.

Shame but i doubt very much he will play for us again...........and cotterill has got his number 11 shirt.

From Legend to villain then taking orders from your replacement,don't think so :doh:

The break must be a clean one.

People need to start coming to terms with the fact that Tinnion has now gone and that a dark chapter in BCFC's history has come to an end - and amen to that.

As a previous poster said, it would be entirely amateurish for the club to offer him another position within the club either on the playing side or the coaching side. On the coaching side, he has shown no ability whatsoever and his playing days are a long way behind him.

And as has been said many times before, a new manager surely would not want his immediate predecessor lurking in the background.

Johnson has inherited a team arguably in a more shambolic state that the one inherited by Wilson after Pulis and I sincerely hope that he will turn it around and get us moving back up the table. Finally, with GJ in charge we can start to turn the corner, no longer be the laughing stock of the lower leagues and many are starting to feel that they have got their club back.

The break must be a clean one.

People need to start coming to terms with the fact that Tinnion has now gone and that a dark chapter in BCFC's history has come to an end - and amen to that.

As a previous poster said, it would be entirely amateurish for the club to offer him another position within the club either on the playing side or the coaching side. On the coaching side, he has shown no ability whatsoever and his playing days are a long way behind him.

And as has been said many times before, a new manager surely would not want his immediate predecessor lurking in the background.

Johnson has inherited a team arguably in a more shambolic state that the one inherited by Wilson after Pulis and I sincerely hope that he will turn it around and get us moving back up the table. Finally, with GJ in charge we can start to turn the corner, no longer be the laughing stock of the lower leagues and many are starting to feel that they have got their club back.

The decision must be Johnson's and Johnson's alone. He is clearly an astute guy and if he thinks there's a role for Tinnion at the club then I trust his judgement. If he doesn't, then that's fine.

I find the comments about a dark chapter and the shambolic state a bit harsh. Yes Tinnion failed to get the most out of the players he'd assembled, but as Johnson himself said yesterday:

"Normally when I come to a club I have to ship out bad players and bring in good players. It's different here because I've inherited a very good squad."

Tinnion had to go, of that there is no doubt. But he has put together a quality group of players capable of challenging for promotion whilst recouping a large sum in the transfer market to help keep the club solvent, and if that is the legacy of his reign, I'm happy with that.

Guest uncle john

I thought the position was that Tinnion was still on the payroll at the club ie at some point he might be given a role putting out the cones for the Academy or something.

But people are talking as if he has left the club completely. Has he?

Wilkshire will offer twice as much as Tins can now. Is it any coincedence wilkshire had his best game in a city shirt for about 2 seasons yesterday?

Archived