IGNORED

Compensation?

we8gas

Would've thought that the compensation figure should be, and will be, kept quiet. If it is the figure you suggest, then other clubs may think of City as being a club with money, and therefore inflate any players price during the January transfer window.

Whatever the cost, it demonstrates the damage done to the club over the last 16 months. Steve L obviously realised the mistake with Tinnion and that he couldn't afford to repeat that error. The board decided on the right man and had to bite the bullet as to the price they would have to pay.

Yesterday's performance and result clearly domonstrates the lift Johnson's appointment must have had on the players, and the debilitating effect that Tinnion's management must have been having pon those same players for some time now. You have to wonder where we would have been if someone like Johnson had taken over from Danny W?

On the Yeovil forum, apparently we paid them £600k compensation for GJ. Thats a bit steep aint it? :dunno:

Not that I'm moaning of course :city:

The Yeovil Chairman on Twentyman said something about clauses relating to Johnson taking us to the Premiership, so you can guess that the compensation rises as he/we hit certain milestones. To pay the kind of figures quoted we will probably have to be somewhere at the top of the Championship/Premiership and if so it will be money well spent.

The Yeovil Chairman on Twentyman said something about clauses relating to Johnson taking us to the Premiership, so you can guess that the compensation rises as he/we hit certain milestones. To pay the kind of figures quoted we will probably have to be somewhere at the top of the Championship/Premiership and if so it will be money well spent.

he said - " I wish i had put a clouse in 'If Johnson takes city the the prem'"

he said - " I wish i had put a clouse in 'If Johnson takes city the the prem'"

Thanks - wasn't sure about the quote as I couldn't understand a lot of what he said! Great bloke though to phone in and be as positive and genuine in his praise and wishes that Gary Johnson takes us to the next level.

Archived