IGNORED

Havent Read Something Like This For A While

Liverpool 0 Bristol City 1

I was disappointed with this result as I felt that we deserved a draw. It was a good result for Bristol and they look like they will make a recovery under their new manager. I've slagged them off over the summer but they looked a better team today, now that Tinnion has been sacked.

This is what I thought about things:

Nelson - awful. How long before we sign someone decent? Bristol had done their homework and new he wouldn't collect crosses one yard from his goal. That's how they scored their third. He should have got sent off but redeemed himself with an excellent penalty save.

Defence - Badly missed O'Connor and Frampton. However, Sodje played like a premiership star.

Midfield - Brooker looked good when he came on and Pratley had a blinder. Tabb played well but we missed Hutch. Junior Lewis is third-choice and looked like it.

Forwards - Gayle looked good but none of them looked like scoring. We are still depending on midfielders, defenders and substitutes for our goals. Owusu was weak but was not properly fit. He's not the answer to the goalscoring problem that we had last year.

Subs - At least Rhodes is back but I felt he should have scored from an excellent through ball by Tabb. DJ also rushed at a good chance and wasted it.

Bristol - had some good players and played some good football. Could have won 5-0. Should have at least gone 4-1 up from the penalty. We could learn from them about how to waste time effectively when defending a slender lead in injury time.

Referee - very poor. Missed some obvious penalties (e. fouls on Owusu and Sodje). The female lineswoman missed some obvious offsides.

The crowd - looked larger than the 6,400 stated. We sold out of programmes, indicating that it was larger than expected.

Overall - we missed our injured players. However, we should still have got a point.

Beeno

I was disappointed with this result as I felt that we deserved a draw. It was a good result for Bristol and they look like they will make a recovery under their new manager. I've slagged them off over the summer but they looked a better team today, now that Tinnion has been sacked.

This is what I thought about things:

Nelson - awful. How long before we sign someone decent? Bristol had done their homework and new he wouldn't collect crosses one yard from his goal. That's how they scored their third. He should have got sent off but redeemed himself with an excellent penalty save.

Defence - Badly missed O'Connor and Frampton. However, Sodje played like a premiership star.

Midfield - Brooker looked good when he came on and Pratley had a blinder. Tabb played well but we missed Hutch. Junior Lewis is third-choice and looked like it.

Forwards - Gayle looked good but none of them looked like scoring. We are still depending on midfielders, defenders and substitutes for our goals. Owusu was weak but was not properly fit. He's not the answer to the goalscoring problem that we had last year.

Subs - At least Rhodes is back but I felt he should have scored from an excellent through ball by Tabb. DJ also rushed at a good chance and wasted it.

Bristol - had some good players and played some good football. Could have won 5-0. Should have at least gone 4-1 up from the penalty. We could learn from them about how to waste time effectively when defending a slender lead in injury time.

Referee - very poor. Missed some obvious penalties (e. fouls on Owusu and Sodje). The female lineswoman missed some obvious offsides.

The crowd - looked larger than the 6,400 stated. We sold out of programmes, indicating that it was larger than expected.

Overall - we missed our injured players. However, we should still have got a point.

Beeno

Bristol City could have won 5-0 but Brentford should have got a point? :dunno:

The score more than flattered Brentford, as anyone who was there will know. 4-1 or 5-1 would have more accurately reflected the game. Though they came back to 3-2, there was very little desperate defending in the final few minutes. City did a very good job of making sure Brentford did not get a point they did not deserve.

If Brentford fans think we are good at wasting time, they're in for a shock when they play Colchester. :rolleyes:

Archived