IGNORED

New Era

rumbellow

After the disasters of the past few weeks, A new managers biggest nightmare in this division must be Brentford away and we win and play well, What a start.

And to cheer us up even more Pre & post match interviews have been great, Sensible and interesting and lacking in the usual footballisms and to top it all he actually thanks the travelling fans for lifting the team.

it seems to me this man has done his homework, He seems to know what is missing and what has been going wrong for the past 5 under achieving years in this cesspit of a division and I feel sure given the time, support, resources and the 100% backing of the players (something the past 2 managers did'nt have) He can take us to where we should be and keep us there.

The rest of this season, Well we need to become difficult to beat especially at home Stop shipping silly goals, Have a simple system the players can understand and who knows, I say go for it, We have been known to go on long unbeaten runs before now.

A great start Gary the fans believe again, Just convince the players now.

The rest of this season, Well we need to become difficult to beat especially at home

The rest of this post is good and makes several valid points, but how can we become more difficult to beat at home when we are already unbeaten at home in the league? ;) It's turning home draws into wins that needs to happen now, starting on Tuesday.

Guest Tauntonman

I agree, I am now full of optimism again. We have got the right man, no doubt about it. If you need convincing - watch the interview on this website.

GJ is clever, articulate, knows his football inside out - even knew quite a lot about most of our players before coming here! Most importantly I think he is a master of football psychology and player motivation.

I believe this is likely to be a long lasting managerial appointment. GJ is the man to take us into the Championship, consolidate our position in that league and then ...... don't sare say it, but who knows.

Good call Steve Lansdown.

PS just a thought. Perhaps BT was always intended to be a stop-gap manager. Don't forget DW was still on full pay until the end of last season.

Let's give him a massive welsome on Tuesday. He will know what a huge club we are when he walks on that pitch and the Gate goes berserk.

Archived