IGNORED

Bradley Orr

solo1bc

Just watched the interview with Bradley Orr and have to say I like the guy.. Talks very openly and honestly about his shortcomings and I think he gets undue stick on here especically cos you can't contest that he at least makes an effort. If he can develop in the RB postition I think we'll have found a really good & steady player.

Just watched the Brentford highlights as well and is it me or did Sam Sodje jump about 10 foot in the air for their second goal?! I thought he was going for a slam dunk!!! Maybe Philips should have dealt with it but really doubt he was expecting that.

12,500 crowd tomorrow night I reckon depending on the weather and I'm very, very jealous!! I will be listening from afar though so I hope to hear Malone lead the crowd in a chorus of what was it? 'Abide with me'?? at half time!!

Just watched the interview with Bradley Orr and have to say I like the guy.. Talks very openly and honestly about his shortcomings and I think he gets undue stick on here especically cos you can't contest that he at least makes an effort. If he can develop in the RB postition I think we'll have found a really good & steady player.

Just watched the Brentford highlights as well and is it me or did Sam Sodje jump about 10 foot in the air for their second goal?! I thought he was going for a slam dunk!!! Maybe Philips should have dealt with it but really doubt he was expecting that.

12,500 crowd tomorrow night I reckon depending on the weather and I'm very, very jealous!! I will be listening from afar though so I hope to hear Malone lead the crowd in a chorus of what was it? 'Abide with me'?? at half time!!

As long as Malone doesn't cry again I might join in!

• Admin

He's just been poorly used in the past.

Arguably his best 2 performances in a City shirt came when filling in as a RB for part of a match (I forget whether he was subbed on at Chesterfield or just moved back to cover Smith's red card) yet he wasn't given the chance to start there until Saturday.

I will watch with eagerness his perfomances at RB over the coming games as as you say he seems like a likeable guy and it would be nice if he could be successful for us.

When we were doing a photo shoot for the Fans Derby last year, we were waiting for Brooker and the subject got onto the forum (as it does)

He simply shrugged off the critism on here and said 'well thats peoples opinions and they are perfectly entitled to them' - he carryed on to say he'd always give his best for the club and hope to prove people wrong.

Since that day I've always respected him for a great attitude both on and off the pitch.

Lets hope he can make that RB spot his own :)

If Bradley can sort out the RB slot then what about Woodman/Golbourne on the left?

From what I've heard Golbourne is a bit weak defensively and might be better as a left midfield player and was that Woodman screwing up (badly!) for Brentfords first goal on Saturday?

Yep, I thought Bradley was refreshingly open too. He genuinely seemed keen to learn and listen to whatever coaching comes his way. I've always thought he had potential even if he was a bit raw and I have a feeling his honesty, committment and fitness with see him do well under GJ.

Yep, I thought Bradley was refreshingly open too. He genuinely seemed keen to learn and listen to whatever coaching comes his way. I've always thought he had potential even if he was a bit raw and I have a feeling his honesty, committment and fitness with see him do well under GJ.

Couldn't agree more. The qualities you've mentioned here have never been in doubt with Bradley. And hopefully with confidence added to that he can kick on and become a player we're glad to have in our team.

I'm sure Johnson will appreciate these qualities and will have a lot of time for him in training, and get the most out of him.

From what I've heard Golbourne is a bit weak defensively and might be better as a left midfield player

I seem to recall a similar trait in one Mr K.Amankwaah. Then Johnson bought him, freed him of the defensive bit, and discovered a mean right winger.

Golbourne has always impressed me in the reserves at left midfield. Would love to see Johnson sort that one out without having to go outside the squad.

Archived