IGNORED

Do Any City Players Live By You

red richards

When i used to work in Filton after i finished my shift at 6ish i would go to a local pub and often see Danny Coles in there on a Friday and Saturday night. If i'm right he lived in Patchway and also i attended Filton High School with him.

Danny Coles grew up in Patchway and went to Patchway High. He was a right t1t. My mother in law has worked with his old dear for a few years now.

I nearly got run over by Harry Redknapp, when Portsmouth came to town so :razz:

I've never had a near tragic RTA with a player - although Wilkshire came close speeding out the car park last year but i think was just his haste to get away from Tnnion.

However Bob Taylor did personally deliver a birthday card to my house and came in and talked to our cat that we'd named after him making me the envy of all city fans i knew at school at that time many years ago.

I nearly got run over by Lee Peacock does that count ?

I nearly got ran down by Devon White up in Kingswood. He was pulling out of a petrol station with his missus, and I called his name, he wound his window down and rested his elbow on the door panel,smiling and trying to look cool. I then wiped his smile of his face by saying he was crap blah blah blah and he wheel spinned out the garage just missing me :angry:

Drinking and driving is dangerous. It don't aff make a mess on the floor. HE must have missed a drop bless him ;)

This was the entrance to the gate a couple of hours before a match, my fault more than his to be fair

A bloke I work with used to live down the road from him and see him in the local pub, nice bloke apparently but had a lot of noisy parties

Does every thread involving Codfather have to get involved in an argument?

My sunday side went to Magaluf and Marcus Stewart was on our flights there and back.

Saw him out a few times, a bit worse for wear, singing City til I die!

Do you remember the absiynth night Marcus?

Living in the sticks no City players ever lived round here but my mates boy plays fot the Sags!

:farmer:

For anyone who is interested Danny Coles used to play for Stoke Lane football team as a young un. Thats in Little stoke which is about 2 miles from Filton. :whistle:

No, Stoke Lane is in Westbury on Trym, ask Roger Red Hat.

By an incredible coincidence there is a pub on Stoke Lane called the Black Swan where i was once having a widdle minding my own business when i realised that City supporting whirlwind bowler Mike Proctor was relieving himself next to me.

That was a bit of a shock made worse by realising Gashead David Graveney was immediately on my other side.

Then they turned to each other to talk cricket. :doh:

By an incredible coincidence there is a pub on Stoke Lane called the Black Swan where i was once having a widdle minding my own business when i realised that City supporting whirlwind bowler Mike Proctor was relieving himself next to me.

That was a bit of a shock made worse by realising Gashead David Graveney was immediately on my other side.

OOOps Sorry Nogbad was told it was Stoke Lane there must be 2 then :doh:

Correct. I have widdled many a gallon in the 'Dirty Duck' myself. Graveney, I seem to remember, used to play in goal for one of the Downs league sides.

Tinnion is always in tescos in Nailsea. Alot of the city boys and ex city boys go down The Farmhouse and The Barn (Nailsea), and hog the trivia machine, such as Brooker, Bell, Millen, Wilkshire and Murray.

Correct. I have widdled many a gallon in the 'Dirty Duck' myself. Graveney, I seem to remember, used to play in goal for one of the Downs league sides.

Sorry, i talk about Graveney as little as possible.

He knocked one of my brother's front teeth out in our hallway when he was 11. With a cricket ball would you believe.

30 years later he blanked another one in the Prince of Wales.

The Duck? - haven't been there for 20+ years, had a tiny bog in those days, so the chances of being surrounded by Proctor and Graveney were fairly remote.

Proctor was a gentleman in the Gentlemen's, it was Gashead Graveney who p***** on my shoes. :grr:

Guest alex1089

Craig woodman used to play for avon athletic and Aaron Brown us to play for Stoke Lane. My dad who manages Avon Athletic under 15's B has a old half used matchday book where you write the players names in and craig woodman was in there.

Sorry, i talk about Graveney as little as possible.

He knocked one of my brother's front teeth out in our hallway when he was 11. With a cricket ball would you believe.

30 years later he blanked another one in the Prince of Wales.

The Duck? - haven't been there for 20+ years, had a tiny bog in those days, so the chances of being surrounded by Proctor and Graveney were fairly remote.

Proctor was a gentleman in the Gentlemen's, it was Gashead Graveney who p***** on my shoes. :grr:

You've been to the Duck more recently than me, then! I used to drink regularly in the Prince when Bill Kelloway had it, don't remember seeing 'the bloke you don't like talking about' in there at all.

i realised that City supporting whirlwind bowler Mike Proctor was relieving himself next to me.

I used to live opposite him in Westbury (on Trym). Surely now I win a bloody fiver???

Never a clever move when relieving ones selves. Dry shoes anyone?

You've been to the Duck more recently than me, then! I used to drink regularly in the Prince when Bill Kelloway had it, don't remember seeing 'the bloke you don't like talking about' in there at all.

Yep, Bill Kelloway was the landlord when i first started going to the POW. My brother saw Graveney in there about a year ago.

Graveney and others used to frequent the 'Private Bar' in the Duck on the left as you went in (the front, not the side)

Later they put another door at the front of the pub to keep the plebs out, but they still had to use the same bog.

Gerry Collis was the manager i think.

Anyway i soon discovered the marvellous Draught Bass at the White Hoss and rarely felt the need to visit Stoke Lane pubs again after revelation.

Archived