IGNORED

Wide Right Loan Target

Bristol Boy

Crossed my mind with Murray looking like he's on his way out and Cotterill being our only wide player.......even though he considers himself a striker.

How about getting Joe Anyinsah back from Preston :dunno:

He was looking the business at the end of last season, obviously didn't fancy playing for Tinman and I don't know if he's made many starts for PNE.

• Admin

He may be too inexperienced for Johnson, he has made two sub appearances this season one for 15 mins & one for 13 mins.

Johnson obviously has some contacts in the game, the loan signing from Charlton shows this and that he is trusted with the player. It's someting we have been lacking, Wilson made one decent loan signing (Mark Robins).

There must be plenty of quality youngsters at Premiership clubs, hopefully Johnson will be the man to secure their services when necessary.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see two or three other signings from premiership clubs, people will want to do business with an articulate intelligent manager, he'll develop natural talent.

However, i think the first thing he'll do is bring in an experienced central midfield player...then we'll sign Jevons in the transfer window. Mark my words.

Its hard to talk about who to bring in now because theres still 3 months till the transfer window opens. We can only bring in an emergency loan player, and we don't really have an emergency on the right.

But the left side is more of an emergency !! - I'd like to see Cotts flying down the right and a goodfellow type player on the left hand side.

Guest redphilc

Crossed my mind with Murray looking like he's on his way out and Cotterill being our only wide player.......even though he considers himself a striker.

How about getting Joe Anyinsah back from Preston :dunno:

He was looking the business at the end of last season, obviously didn't fancy playing for Tinman and I don't know if he's made many starts for PNE.

Joe is a big City fan and wanted to play for city, even for Tinnion.

The fact is our club allowed his contract to completely run out before offering him a new one which was pretty poor. Brentford and Bournemouth both showed interest which prompted the club to offer improved terms. It didn't bother Joe what the offer was as he wanted to sign for City until the night before he was due to sign Billy Davies rang Joe personally to tell him how much he wanted Joe to sign for him and I think trebled his wages. I think his next game wa a friendly against Lazio if I remember right?!

Not once was any real effort made by the club or Tinnion to persuade Joe his future was here at City which I think was a factor in Joe being persuaded by Billy Davies to move to Preston. As a club we have failed in not looking after our young talent and as a result lost a decent young winger. I for one do not blame Joe one bit for moving on to bigger things. Lets hope it doesn't happen again - nice to see DC signing a contract extension so hopefully we have learnt from this.

Wether he would be allowed to come out on loan I am not sure but it sounds a goot shout to me.

Archived