IGNORED

Transfer Window

downendcity

With Gary Johnson's appointment, I was wondering whether it is a good or a bad thing that he cannot go into the transfer market until the end of the year?

In the past, when a manager took over when things were so dire, it would not have been unusual to see a pretty quick turnaround of players with the new man bringing in his chosen few and shipping out faces that "didn't fit" fairly soon after the appointment. Now however, he knows he can't do anything of note until January so has to work with the players already at the club, loan signings apart. Because of this perhaps both he and the players have started off with a much more positive approach and this is reflected in the last 2 performances. Would it have been the same if GJ had freedom to go straight into the transfer market?

What do you think?

I believe that GJ will at least now be able to give the squad a fair chance of showing what they really can do, and then at the end of the year he can go to the board and say I either do not need any more players at the moment or say who and what he needs, instaed of most managers in the past have come in and wanted to change things to their men and their ways.

Not that I am saying that we don't need some changes because i believe we do but at least the present squad will have a fair crack of the whipand it is now down to them.

Archived