IGNORED

Going On The Cats Coach... To An Abandoned Game

sephjnr

word up guys;

I'm sure many people have been in this position before; so I'm just asking-

say I went on the coach up to Grimsby on Saturday and the match got called off, would I get a refund for either the coach or the match, and if so how soon?

Cheers;

Seph.

Thats right, use peoples sexuality as an insult, very big of you.

If I had a penile implant everytime someone criticised someone else for WHAT they said rather than WHY they said it, you could probably walk to New York from the 'gate.

Come off your high horse and join the rest of us on planet can-look-past-language-for-meaning.

(oh, and translated for your delicate taste: "It's stupid that CATS don't do refunds." that better?)

Guest east_dundry_red

sorry but its not stupid that they dont do re-funds. It would cost the club money if they had to do that. More than likly they will give money off the coach ticket for the re-arranged game but you have absolutly NO rights to get a refund on any of it.

Just like if a game is postponed at half time (ala Notts County last year) the club has every right to charge you full price for admission to the replay.

On this occasion however the club decided that season ticket holders could get into it for free, and if you had kept your original ticket, allowed you a discount on the ticket for the replay.

sorry but its not stupid that they dont do re-funds. It would cost the club money if they had to do that. More than likly they will give money off the coach ticket for the re-arranged game but you have absolutly NO rights to get a refund on any of it.
mmkay.... just seems bad to pay 20-odd quid for a half-day coach ride just for a laugh :rolleyes: (and especially bad when one person pays over £30 for one game and loses the majority of it when the game's cancelled)

And no need to be so vehement, I was just putting the customer first....

Back to Post Topic. Yeah i agree east dundry red. After all i suspect most of the money goes to peter carol, therefor it is to them we should be complaining and not really city. If city gave refunds they would still have to pay peter carol.

Half price tickets for the return is very nice, Beryl is a city legend! Anyway i suspect we will know very earlyish if the game is on.

• Admin
word up guys;

I'm sure many people have been in this position before; so I'm just asking-

say I went on the coach up to Grimsby on Saturday and the match got called off, would I get a refund for either the coach or the match, and if so how soon?

Cheers;

Seph.

So, with hindsight it appears you are now given either the option of a 50% refund or free travel for the rearranged game.

It was interesting to see this week that two other clubs are compensating away travellers, only this time due to poor performances of the team when the matches actually took place.

First off, Coventry have offered free admission to their next home game to all those who travelled to their capitulation at Colchester in midweek. However, this is the one that I like the most, after Bradford lost 1-0 at Gillingham, Bryan Robson has decided to refund the £16 match ticket to the 119 travelling fans. How has he funded this? Why he's fined the goalie who got sent off in this match two weeks wages :D

If I drive up, in my own car, I don't get a refund on my petrol costs from Grimsby Town or Bristol City if its called off. Why would CATS do any different? Its 'still' costing them money, that the club don't have!
Yes, but surely when they calculate the cost of a return trip to, say, Grimsby, it takes into account coach hire and petrol money for the whole trip. If you only get a few miles up the road before turning back, you must surely be entitled to at least a proportion of the money back. Not sure what the legalities are, but i'm sure that if the game got abandoned before the coach set off you would be entitled to a free trip next time.

Archived