IGNORED

Who Would You Pick To Go Up And Down?

RedTop

An entirely fruitless exercise, I admit, but looking at the league table got me wondering. If you could PICK who went up and down from our division this season, who would it be and why?

I started wondering because I noticed the bottom currently looks almost as I'd like it, so here goes:

UP

1. BRISTOL CITY - Obviously!

2. FOREST - Deserve to be there on passionate support alone. Also play attractive footie.

3. HARTLEPOOL - Unfashionable but after a couple of years coming close and getting unlucky, I think they deserve it. Plus, they'd come straight back down, leaving one less place at the bottom for us to fill!

DOWN

1. YEOVIL - I always like as big a gap as possible between us and any nearby team, first because there's less argument about who'd the best in the West, and second because it means more first-time fans will come to us rather than another team, swelling our support.

2. MK DONS - Nothing to do with the franchise. I'm just sick of hearing what a great manager DW was now that he's gone. And his reaction to BT, regardless of what people think of BT, sent him way down in my opinion.

3. SWINDLE - As per Yeovil, only more so.

4. GILLINGHAM- Never liked 'em. Can't explain it, but the fiasco when Taylor got a hattrick against us cemented my feeling further. Failing that, SWANSEA even though it's not going to happen this year - out of pure, unattractive but unashamed revenge.

Up City, couldn't give a damn who else.

Down, Yeovil, Swindon, Gillingham (big club!!!!!!!!!) not Swansea, I want Swansea to stay in league one and to be playing Cardiff.......so the 2 most arrogant sets of supporters I have ever come across (bar Man U) can beat 9 shades of Carey out of each other and hopefully get thrown out of the English League they shouldn't have been allowed to join in the first place.

RT. robbored will think your taking time off School ! :D

With such a tight Div, its a difficult one to call.

But heres goe's.

Promoted - Swansea,Huddersfield & City through the PO.

Relegated - Swindon,Chesterfraud & Yeovil.

In the PO with us Walsall, Oldham & Brentford.

I can't believe anyone would want Yeovil to go down after grooming our lovely new manager for us. They are my 'second' West Country team and I would love to see them near the top of the table (just behind us obviously!). Happy to see Swindon to go down though.

Agree that Hartlepool deserve a go at Div One on their form of the last couple of years, and would be happy to see Forest go back up.

Agree too about Gillingham - horrible, scuzzy town filled with Chavs (remember the Fulham fan who got stabbed to death down there for no reason a few years ago?). Gave us Clueless then had the cheek to sue for compensation when they should have been paying us to take him away.

Can't blame Swansea for tonking us - Tinman's fault entirely - and they won't go down.

Don't see why anyone should have a go at Danny for failing at MK Dons - the bitchiness between him and Tins was largely instigated by Tins, not Danny, who did a good job there last season keeping them up.

Promoted:

City

Forest

Hartlepool

Relegated:

Gillingham

Swindon

Tranmere

Chesterfield

An entirely fruitless exercise, I admit, but looking at the league table got me wondering. If you could PICK who went up and down from our division this season, who would it be and why?

I started wondering because I noticed the bottom currently looks almost as I'd like it, so here goes:

UP

1. BRISTOL CITY - Obviously!

2. FOREST - Deserve to be there on passionate support alone. Also play attractive footie.

3. HARTLEPOOL - Unfashionable but after a couple of years coming close and getting unlucky, I think they deserve it. Plus, they'd come straight back down, leaving one less place at the bottom for us to fill!

DOWN

1. YEOVIL - I always like as big a gap as possible between us and any nearby team, first because there's less argument about who'd the best in the West, and second because it means more first-time fans will come to us rather than another team, swelling our support.

2. MK DONS - Nothing to do with the franchise. I'm just sick of hearing what a great manager DW was now that he's gone. And his reaction to BT, regardless of what people think of BT, sent him way down in my opinion.

3. SWINDLE - As per Yeovil, only more so.

4. GILLINGHAM- Never liked 'em. Can't explain it, but the fiasco when Taylor got a hattrick against us cemented my feeling further. Failing that, SWANSEA even though it's not going to happen this year - out of pure, unattractive but unashamed revenge.

UP

Huddersfield

City

Forest

DOWN

Swindon

MK Dons

Blackpool

Just to get my head around this, you would PICK three other teams you would prefer to go up instead of us, given the choice? :disapointed2se:

I don't think Bling fully understands the question, obviously confusing prediction with choice and selection. I'd leave it.

Personally, I'd choose City, Hartlepool (cos i have sympathy for them) and Bournemouth (cos it'd be a closish game to travel to next season) to go up.

To go down...Swansea, Swindon, MK Dons and Brentford.

Woah there.... <Screech>

Nope, didnt fully grab the gist of this - so this isnt prediction... no?

right... ok... aahhh... ok i get it now...!

1. City - The pain of my life for 17 years. This football club has cost me money, relationships and my hair - to be playing championship football would be some consolation!

2. Hartlepool - They deserve to be - one of the leagues most consistent teams.

3. Doncaster - Fans are magic, play some nice football.

Special mention has to go to Bournemouth....

To go down?

1. Mk Dons - Franchise - turned its back on its fans - get out.

2. Swindon - just for the laughs,

3. Gillingham - pikey town.

Sorry I got the thread completley wrong!!!! Right, I'm off out on the Cider... if i can find some in London!

Ah, that's better LotB! I was getting worried there for a while!

Interesting how much consensus there is on this. Swindle, MK Dons and Gillingham are doomed if we all pray together, whereas Hartlepool and Forest would do very nicely thank you.

So long as we end up as champions, the rest is small beer though.

Archived