IGNORED

Time To Deliver

Andy082005

Although today against hartlepool was a good performance in which we no way deserved to lose, the simple fact is we did. Once again, we failed to deliver in front of goal, huffing and puffing for 90 minutes.

Marcus, I keep sticking up for you sunshine, yet week in week out, you look half the man you were just a mere 6 months ago when you led Sunderland to the Premiership. He needs to get off the booze big time. He has the rest of his life to get pi######ed up, probally 1 or 2 years left as a pro, you would think he would cherish it.

Gary Johnno has worked wonders since he joined, he has the boys playing with confidence and determination, but I cant help feeling we still lack the ability to break down a ten man defence. With the players we have, I think we will continue to struggle to break down teams like this. Maybe we do need to invest in another striker, someone with a bit of pace who can play on that last man, because we don't have anyone there who can do it now (Gillespie still not ready for the pressure of a promotion push)

next 4 games, 10 points is a must

Hartlepool put players between us and the goal and packed their area, it was like kicking against a brick wall and they had a decent keeper as well.

This rush for a sriker is a waste of time we have enough already (and we`llonly sell them in close season anyway) it will come as will the goals and from anywhere in the team.

:city::city::city:

Although today against hartlepool was a good performance in which we no way deserved to lose, the simple fact is we did. Once again, we failed to deliver in front of goal, huffing and puffing for 90 minutes.

Marcus, I keep sticking up for you sunshine, yet week in week out, you look half the man you were just a mere 6 months ago when you led Sunderland to the Premiership. He needs to get off the booze big time. He has the rest of his life to get pi######ed up, probally 1 or 2 years left as a pro, you would think he would cherish it.

Gary Johnno has worked wonders since he joined, he has the boys playing with confidence and determination, but I cant help feeling we still lack the ability to break down a ten man defence. With the players we have, I think we will continue to struggle to break down teams like this. Maybe we do need to invest in another striker, someone with a bit of pace who can play on that last man, because we don't have anyone there who can do it now (Gillespie still not ready for the pressure of a promotion push)

:) While i agree with some of your points its i just see it a different way i think we have enough strikers for this division which are more then good enough, its the ball in to them ie.. corners, free kicks the WING play Cotterill has to have that extra touch! get the ball in quicker and to the striker. don't think i'm far wrong

:chant6ez: we lost lita; we lost pace. simple fact.

We need a fast paccey striker to compliment brooker,he look far the best striker we have.

Hartlepool defended very well today and you got to give credit where its due. We all know away teams come to AG to get a draw, and we dominated the game today. As for Gillespie not ready, I thought he was one of our best players against Blackpool at home, and When he came on against Colchester. I think he is ready, he just needs the chance to show he is.

Archived