IGNORED

Scott Murray

gazza1982

HOPEFULLY Gary will sort out Cotterill's passing and crossing, or maybe play him as a striker as he should be?

In my opinion it would have been better to take Brooker off for Murray, put Cotterill up with Madjo and then have Bridges in behind them.

Murray did make a difference when he came on.He got more change out of the H'pool full back than Cotterill did and several times he was brought down only for the free kicks to come to nothing.

But...Murray was only on for 20mins or so and I wonder if he could maintain that level of impact for a full game.

More to the point, perhaps it was a bit easier for Scotty taking on tired defenders who had been run ragged by the energetic Cotterill for 70 minutes.

Scotty did well, but even so half an hour maximum is all he's worth at the moment.

I love to watch Scotty Murray :wub:

His ball skills are excellent..... his pace supurb, his control fantastic :wub:

His football skills aint bad either :blush::D

I've always thought Scott's ball skills were pretty poor.

He very often gets it caught under his feet, leaves it behind altogether, or gets a rebound off the defender after miscontroling it. As for his crossing...... one reasonable one in four?

When things are going for him, he looks unstoppable, when they're not he looks dreadful.

Thing is he has these purple patches ( once even almost a whole season long) when he can do no wrong, scores brilliant goals, and he's such a joy to watch then that i can forgive the equal number of occasions when he appears utterly useless.

Still gets me off my seat in the hope it's one of those great days when it all goes right because when it does there's no more exciting sight in a City shirt.

Coterill dosen't put one cross in the box, so one good cross out of 4 is better than none at all surely?

Murray Is Awful, tbh i can't see him changeing. With that comment at least cotterill can run past players, and doing that he is able to play a short pass across the area which are more deadly than crosses which if i am honest we cannot convert anyway.

I thought Murray is absolutely shocking, and nothing changed yesterday. He has got no pace anymore, can't beat a man, put rubbish crosses in and cant finish to save his life. Why he replaced Cotteril is beyond me

:Sleep12: Up till then GJ kept counting thinking he had only 10 men on the pitch thats why murray came on

Coterill dosen't put one cross in the box, so one good cross out of 4 is better than none at all surely?

There's much too much pressure for the right winger, whoever it is, to produce chances for City's strikers.

Cotterill is relied on too much for such a young player who isn't even a winger.

It's obvious we need a left winger to provide balance to the team, vary our attacks and keep the opposition guessing. Once we do have another outlet either Murray or Cotterill will be more effective.

As a straight choice at the moment i'd keep it as it is, Cotterill to wear them down, and hopefully reproduce the Swansea goal occasionally, and Scotty on for the last half hour.

We know Murray can still do it when his confidence is up, and even when it isn't he keeps on going back for more and that 'one good cross in four' can be decisive in the last 20 minutes.

Archived