IGNORED

Moaning Fans

Sting Ray

I witnessed a superb performance by a city side yesterday that most definitely deserved a win...and yet still there were fans who saw it fit to moan and groan at every tiny little mistake, and then - even worse - follow up this moaning with comments such as "oh, the honeymoon period's over now, we're back to our usual ways" - WHAT?! That performance was far from our "usual ways", in fact it was a fantastic performance against a boring hartlepool side.

Also, i was not happy to hear people slating murray before he even got onto the field. Give him a chance. It doesnt help a players confidence when every mistake is greeted with a huge groan and torrents of abuse - ironically the very same people applauded him when he won 2 free-kicks and produced a wonderful cross that bridges should have scored from.

The team under GJ is a MASSIVE improvement, so my message to all those fans who wanted to moan is "get behind the team and concentrate and the positives for once"....and lets make ashton gate a fortress again!

:city:

I witnessed a superb performance by a city side yesterday that most definitely deserved a win...and yet still there were fans who saw it fit to moan and groan at every tiny little mistake, and then - even worse - follow up this moaning with comments such as "oh, the honeymoon period's over now, we're back to our usual ways" - WHAT?! That performance was far from our "usual ways", in fact it was a fantastic performance against a boring hartlepool side.

Also, i was not happy to hear people slating murray before he even got onto the field. Give him a chance. It doesnt help a players confidence when every mistake is greeted with a huge groan and torrents of abuse - ironically the very same people applauded him when he won 2 free-kicks and produced a wonderful cross that bridges should have scored from.

The team under GJ is a MASSIVE improvement, so my message to all those fans who wanted to moan is "get behind the team and concentrate and the positives for once"....and lets make ashton gate a fortress again!

fair play mate I couldn't belive my ears in the Ateyo, I do belive that some people have such sad lives they go down the gate to do nothing but moan, I feel for there other halfs. don't know about evryone else but I go down to be entertained for 90min's :city:

fair play mate I couldn't belive my ears in the Ateyo, I do belive that some people have such sad lives they go down the gate to do nothing but moan, I feel for there other halfs. don't know about evryone else but I go down to be entertained for 90min's :city:

I hope to see a defeat so I can come on here and abuse the players, manager and the fans.

I think 90% of us know we played well yesterday and will be in the top 6 if we play like we have done in the last 3 games, for the rest of the season. No need to get angry!

It was a good footballing performance from City yesterday but the wrong type of football to beat a side like Hartlepool. Too many high balls into the Hartlepool box that ended up being swallowed by that giant Troll of a goalkeeper or simply headed away by giant defenders. We were most threatening to Hartlepool when we attacked their goal with the ball on the floor. Apart from swearing at Woodman for delivering a rubbish cross from the left (that went behind for a goal kick) and cursing Cotterell for still not releasing the ball appropriately I was not too disappointed yesterday. Early days and we are improving.

Up the City

Amen to that

Depressing and inevitable, people around me in the Atyeo moaning that "we have 4 at the back" moaning about it being "back to reality" moaning that the football was "rubbish". Ok we lost and compared to the last 2 games we looked a little less joined up - It looked to me as though were a bit knakerred after giving 120% 2 games in a row - still thought we were a huge improvement on last season.

Pool scored from their only clear chance, we created loads of chances were unlucky (although Bridges wants shooting for that sitter towards the end) and their goalie had a good game.

People get real we aren't going to win every game, or play "cosmic football" for 90 minutes ! My biggest disappointment was the crowd - only 11000 for GJs first home saturday on the back of 2 good wins - where were you all ?

:dunno:

Amen to that

Depressing and inevitable, people around me in the Atyeo moaning that "we have 4 at the back" moaning about it being "back to reality" moaning that the football was "rubbish". Ok we lost and compared to the last 2 games we looked a little less joined up - It looked to me as though were a bit knakerred after giving 120% 2 games in a row - still thought we were a huge improvement on last season.

Pool scored from their only clear chance, we created loads of chances were unlucky (although Bridges wants shooting for that sitter towards the end) and their goalie had a good game.

People get real we aren't going to win every game, or play "cosmic football" for 90 minutes ! My biggest disappointment was the crowd - only 11000 for GJs first home saturday on the back of 2 good wins - where were you all ?

:dunno:

Codfather was fishing. rumour from the Old Fisherman.

Guest robin robin

fair enough mate. And I don't want to be one of te moaners but we gotta be realistic. With this squad, GJ will be the first to understand that anything less than the playoffs this season is unacceptable. He knows that he is at a big club now and has to prove himself, not a pub club from down the road.

it seemed like the danny wilson city look good try as they might to break teams down get hit on the break 1 chance one goal.

i aint being negative just warning that we will beats teams easy at the gate scrap a win and the 1-0 up with 2 mins left opposition get corner 1-1 its getting better.

Some in Dolamn too,I was Entertained yesterday even though we lost the football was atractive,needs a few more weeks and i think if we finish our chance we will be up there or near as

Archived